Delano pickups?

GRANKOR

• Members

went to a guitar shop to ask about new pickups for my J and the guy in there recommended Delano pickups, the ones with the huge pole pieces. I've no experience with these and obviously don't want to drop a load on money of them with no idea how they sound. Are these fat, loud pickups?

• Members

went to a guitar shop to ask about new pickups for my J and the guy in there recommended Delano pickups, the ones with the huge pole pieces. I've no experience with these and obviously don't want to drop a load on money of them with no idea how they sound. Are these fat, loud pickups?

If I remember right, you wanted to tame the high end on that thing a bit, didn't you ? :confused:

• Members

My Sandberg came standard with Delanos and they produce a very stable, detailed, high quality sound, really rich and creamy... on the other hand, if i'm totally honest they don't do what your asking as well as the barts, which have also been mentioned imo.

I would take Delano pups over barts anyday for a gigging bass, but for a particually deeply voiced pup set... can't go wrong with barts :thu:

Archived