Pulled the trigger - SVT rig

hammer2748

• Members

Well, went and did it. Returned the SVT-6PRO (too damn much eq stuff to mess with) and went with a full-blown SVT rig, Classic Series (Couldn't handle the jump to the VR. Unfortunately, the cab SVT810E is at the rehearsal space, the amp is here. I do have a single 15 to plug into....may have to try that later. I live in a condo so can't really ramp up too much anyway. Just wanna hear those tubes!!! Can't wait 'til Tuesday!!!

:rawk::rawk::rawk::rawk:

• Members

I didn't realize how big those {censored}ers are until I saw one a couple weeks ago in person. It had been a while and jesus I could not imagine carrying that around.

Dan

The SVT head is heavy, but manageable. As for the 810E, as many others have said, it isn't as bad as a 410 as long as you have the vehicle to move it and at 4-ft high, it will fit in vehicles you wouldn't have thought. Rarely ever have to dead-lift except for stairs and with the slide rails on the back, it moves amazingly well, like a built-in dolly. Besides.......we've got road-crew!!!

• Members

I'm convinced.......the SVT all-tube thing definitely works for me!! Had the 1st real world application of the SVT rig last night. I and rest of the band were really blown away. Just total sonic sweetness. "Not enough O's in SMOOTH to describe this"!! I've had rigs that I've come away feeling really good about the tone, but nothing like this. It's an entirely different universe! Was a pricey move, but totally worth it! Now just need to find the appropriate case for the head.

• Moderators

I'm convinced.......the SVT all-tube thing definitely works for me!! Had the 1st real world application of the SVT rig last night. I and rest of the band were really blown away. Just total sonic sweetness. "Not enough O's in SMOOTH to describe this"!! I've had rigs that I've come away feeling really good about the tone, but nothing like this. It's an entirely different universe! Was a pricey move, but totally worth it! Now just need to find the appropriate case for the head.

Welcome to the world of quality tube amplification. :thu:

• Members

Just for the sake science you oughtta run it through your 2 15 Sunn cab.
:cool:

Actually, that is exactly what I did last night -- it was at rehearsal. The fridge was already loaded from our last show. So I actually ran it through the Sunn 2x15. Could easily get through a night with that if I had to and still smile!!

• Members

$140 plus shipping. Mark and Liz are great people to do business with.

http://www.audiopile.net/products/Cases/Guitar_amp_cases/SVT-001/SVT-001_cutsheet.asp

SVT-004.jpg

Thanks a bunch....actually I was on the phone with Liz earlier this afternoon. It's what we're going to get. Looks to be the perfect piece. Price is definitely reasonable. I've got a 4-space RR rack I don't need. I could cover the better part of the cost dumping that!! Thanks again.

cheers,

Hammer

Archived