What kind of collection would you like to end up with?

REMUS

• Members
Let's see.

I'm happy with what I've got now, but if I was going to buy another bass, I'd probably get an Alembic 5-string fretless like Jimmy Johnson's, and an upright or electric upright of some variety. I'd also like to find the wherewithal to get an old Ken Smith 6, and a BC Rich Mockingbird refitted with some Alembic electronics.

And maybe a Guild Starfire with Dark Stars.

I would have thought a Status would make a good addition to your collection? Got any ideas on the upright, it's something I have considered, since an electric upright is an option... couldn't possibly afford or justify a nice acoustic double bass though :(

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really good range of tone there, have you had chance to compare the Status bass to any Modulus offerings?

I've played a crapton of basses as I used to work in a music store but it would be an unfair comparison. Here's why:

-SpaceGhost's useless knowledge of the day-

Somewhere back in the early '90s, Rob Green (the dude who is essentially Status Basses) saw that the market was leaning towards old school wooden basses. To fill this void, he started producing all wood basses (which is what I own) but eventually found that Status Graphite was losing their identity and went back to making basses with graphite.

• Members

I can admit to being somewhat of a collector, which is kind of cool actually. I'm on nine with number 10 on the way, and never thought I'd have that many basses. They are all totally different sounds, looks, and playability. Except for two Rev's no two are even remotely alike, and that's what I really dig about them taken as a whole. I don't see any more coming though, but you never know. ;)

• Members

I can admit to being somewhat of a collector, which is kind of cool actually. I'm on nine with number 10 on the way, and never thought I'd have that many basses. They are all totally different sounds, looks, and playability. Except for two Rev's no two are even remotely alike, and that's what I really dig about them taken as a whole. I don't see any more coming though, but you never know.
;)

What is your current stable and which basses are you aspireing to own?

• Moderators

I'll play.

Basses

Vintage Precision:

IMG_7765.jpg

Modern Precision:

IMG_7775.jpg

Fretless Jazz:

IMG_7794.jpg

B-G Jazz:

IMG_7798.jpg

E-C Jazz:

IMG_7789.jpg

Hollowbody:

IMG_7779.jpg

Ric:

IMG_9111.jpg

Stingray:

[]to be filled in after I steal rummy's Stingray[]

Double Bass:

IMG_4429.jpg

Amps

IMG_9104.jpg

That's an Ampeg V-4B, Thunderfunk, Dual Showman Reverb, Tweed Deluxe, pair of Acme Low B2s, LDS 1x15 + 1x6.5. I think I'll be building a Tweed Bassman head soon.

• Members
I would have thought a Status would make a good addition to your collection? Got any ideas on the upright, it's something I have considered, since an electric upright is an option... couldn't possibly afford or justify a nice acoustic double bass though
:(

I wouldn't say no to something like this:

s2bon4hlrosered2.jpg

Actually, I was considering having an identical bass built before I got the Alembic.

• Members

What else are you aiming for then Kindness, can't be that much left for ya to go for :p

I wouldn't say no to something like this:

s2bon4hlrosered2.jpg

Actually, I was considering having an identical bass built before I got the Alembic.

Tis rather cool indeed, how much was the Status going to run?

• Moderators
What else are you aiming for then Kindness, can't be that much left for ya to go for
:p

My post has the placeholder for a Stingray for a reason and I'm contemplating building a bassman for a reason. Other than that... ? I have little things here and there I'm considering.

• Members

Tis rather cool indeed, how much was the Status going to run?

Between $2700 and $3600.

Too much money for me to risk on a bass I'd never get a chance to play beforehand, especially thanks to the sucky exchange rate.

I would have had that bass done up with 2 MM pickups and no LED's.

• Members

Between $2700 and $3600.

Too much money for me to risk on a bass I'd never get a chance to play beforehand, especially thanks to the sucky exchange rate.

I would have had that bass done up with 2 MM pickups and no LED's.

100% agree there, I think the LED would look a little better if they were centred and in blue.

• Members

It is.

Illustration purposes only.

And I'm not sure I'd by one, either, but MM has the best mass-produced finish combos in the biz.

I've only recently taken an active interest in them after messing about with a fretless, so i'm still not sure although the differences in models are becoming more apparent to me now.

This is a stingray, I would like to own, only with a white pick guard:

5HH-1.jpg

And to a lesser extent:

DSCF1738.JPG

• Members

Currently I play my warwick thumb thru my markbass/berg rig;

Things I would like to add;

Low end jazz 5

Valenti P/J 5

modulus 5

SR5 1989 with maple board.

listerund 6

Wall Mach 1/2

62 Reissue P

Rick 4003

Roscoe 5 or 6

Skjold 5

As many passive as posibble

Amps and cabs

an Epi 3x10

Dementer into an IP 212

Thats it!

• Members
What is your current stable and which basses are you aspireing to own?

As far as aspiring to own, there really isn't anything, or rather I don't know what it would be right now. The current collection is a Gibson Victory Artist, Carvin LB75, Steinberger Spirit fiver, Schecter Stiletto Elite 5, LeCompte STSS5 fretted P/J and Fretless J/J, two Reverend Rumblefish 5L's, and a Warmoth deluxe five Explorer. I have one more Warmoth underway, which will be a really special P/J bass. :cool:

Archived