What kind of collection would you like to end up with?

REMUS

• Members

I am fairly resigned to the fact that I want collect as well as play...

My list changes but not by much, this isn't a list I expect to attain within a year or even five years, but one day I would like this lot:

(I got very bored at work today during the graveyard portion)

Sandburg California JM4 - Silver, matching headstock, rosewood FB

Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones 5 string - White, matching headstock, maple FB

Rickenbacker 4003 - Transparent Green

Fender Precision - Fiesta red, rosewood FB

Gibson Ripper - Natural maple, maple FB

Gibson EB0 - Natural walnut, rosewood RB

Gibson Thunderbird - Burst

EBMM Stingray - Natural, fretless, H, maple FB

EBMM Stingray 5 string - Black, HH, maple FB

EBMM Bongo 6 string - Desert Gold, matching headstock, HS, rosewood FB

Modulus Quantum 6 string - Transparent dark blue, rosewood FB

Modulus FleaBass - Blue glitter, matching headstock, rosewood FB

Warmoth Kindness Jazz - 3 tone burst, rosewood FB

Gretsch Thunder Jet - Black, Rosewood FB

I'm sure it can only grow as I do as a player ;)

Amp wise i'm not to fussed but:

Gallien Krueger 700RB-II

Aguilar GS112 - Matching DB112 speaker grill

Aguilar DB112

AMPEG SVT-II Pro

Bergantino NV610

It's a long list but it isn't unattainable in the long run as long as bass remains an important part of my life, I feel silly sharing it with you because it is a childish dream to invest such a huge amount of capital.

Now here's a couple I doubt i'll own unless I get *very* lucky.

Rickenbacker 4005 - fireglow

Wal - I try not to read about them because I just get entranced :p

EDIT: Forgot to add the Gibson Thunderbird

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

a massive one focusing mostly on vintage style basses and guitars new and old, a variety of Warmoth parts machines, plus an army of solid state and tube amps and an assortment of effects in 256 colours.

Oh, and definitely a Basslab bass.

I can't just have "one" of something. I like variations of the same thing so I can cover the range.

• Members

really, at this point? I'd like a collection that consists of:

Fullerton

SX jazz

Custom Warmoth jazz

JAF w/ Barts (aka: BPOCall's)

Amps?

Ampeg B4R

GB Neopak (or the new ones coming out)

Something hi-fi and loud

Cabs

Ampeg 215

Ampeg 410

LDS 410

LDS 212

and maybe an LDS 215

other than that, I don't think I'd ever want anything for any style of music ever...3 heads, 5 cabs, and 4 basses should cover it full well...

now for my rack case?

Furman Power Condition (M8 power strip basically...got it for $20 new)

Peterson Stroborack VS-R

X2 rackmount Wireless

whatever head I'm using

in a shockmount case with casters.

Yep, that's about it.

• Members

a massive one focusing mostly on vintage style basses and guitars new and old, a variety of Warmoth parts machines, plus an army of solid state and tube amps and an assortment of effects in 256 colours.

Oh, and definitely a Basslab bass.

I can't just have "one" of something. I like variations of the same thing so I can cover the range.

I don't really focus on anything other than what I like and can afford although I can certainly see the attraction in collecting vintage instruments, i'm not familiar with the basslab basses... could you elaborate?

• Members

Cool, matching highways would be cool, would you get a matching white P?

Can't remember what Kindness has, think it's a 4003 though
:confused:

I'd want the Highway 1 P, or a Lakland Glaub. They're both fine basses. I looked up the 4003, and I think that is it. You know, THE Ric that makes THE Ric sound. :cool:

• Members

What is a Boo Boo Bass and how does that Hamer sound, i've often wondered on the tone of 8 and 12 string basses, and what I would need one for?

Sorry: I call semi-hollowbody basses Boo Boo Basses because thats what they sound like to me :D "Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo...." Theres a Gretsch copy that Eastwood makes that I want in a baaad way..............

I love my multi-strings: I actually use my 12ver mostly in an unorthodox format when I play with an acoustic duo -- I used to bring an acoustic bass but we tried the 12ver against the acoustic guitar and it sounds excellent in that format

Check out this good lookin mo-fo :thu:

TonySferlazza4x.jpg

• Members

I'm going to get one of every Musicman model. Eventually I'd like to get a Ric but with the way their prices are going I probably won't buy one any day soon. I would really like to get a nice Fender Jazz and a nice Precision, too.... but a seriously good quality Fender would cost me an arm and a leg.

• Members

Sorry: I call semi-hollowbody basses Boo Boo Basses because thats what they sound like to me
:D
"Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo...." Theres a Gretsch copy that Eastwood makes that I want in a baaad way..............

I love my multi-strings: I actually use my 12ver mostly in an unorthodox format when I play with an acoustic duo -- I used to bring an acoustic bass but we tried the 12ver against the acoustic guitar and it sounds excellent in that format

Check out this good lookin mo-fo
:thu:

TonySferlazza4x.jpg

sexci :lol:

I must try one of those out, not sure I could risk buying one just to try it since they must have a fairly limited resale market.

You just reminded me of the Gretsch Thunder Jet, gotta add that sucker to my list!

bodyangle.png

• Members

What is the difference between the EB-3 and the EB-0, since i've only played the latter? Can you list the basses you already own pweese?
:D

The EB-0 has just that big fat neck pickup but the EB-3 has the same pickup plus a thinner humbucker near the bridge.

My basses so far are:

Status S1

Rickenbacker 4003

Fender Jazz bass

MTD Kingston Fretless

• Members

I don't really focus on anything other than what I like and can afford although I can certainly see the attraction in collecting vintage instruments, i'm not familiar with the basslab basses... could you elaborate?

Well they don't actually have to be "vintage". For my money, a good recreation of a vintage instrument is plenty, and I won't have to pay $7900 to have an old instrument that I'm afraid to customise because of its "resale value". I like to customise electronics to my taste, which is easily done on a cheap instrument. Hell it's likely to increase, rather than decrease the resale value. Once onstage, nobody cares if it's a '57 or an '07 P-Bass. The sound, build quality, feel and the look are the most important to me, in that order...age of the instrument is meaningless to me except as a reference point for a "style" of instrument being recreated, e.g. a '75 ash-body Jazz is not quite the same as a '62 Jazz with an alder body and concentric control knobs. As an example, I just bought a Jay Turser copy of a Gibson ES-335 guitar and I am so beyond thrilled with it that I wonder just how much better a "real" Gibson could be. Their quality control is horrendous these days and far out of step with their ever-rising pricing. If a $200 instrument can get me 90% of the way to where a $3000 "real" ES-335 can go, I will happily play import cheapies forever.

Anyway, about Basslab...well I would say you should just look at their website. Their designs are from outer space.

http://www.basslab.de

• Members

Let's see.

I'm happy with what I've got now, but if I was going to buy another bass, I'd probably get an Alembic 5-string fretless like Jimmy Johnson's, and an upright or electric upright of some variety. I'd also like to find the wherewithal to get an old Ken Smith 6, and a BC Rich Mockingbird refitted with some Alembic electronics.

And maybe a Guild Starfire with Dark Stars.

• Members

The EB-0 has just that big fat neck pickup but the EB-3 has the same pickup plus a thinner humbucker near the bridge.

My basses so far are:

Status S1

Rickenbacker 4003

Fender Jazz bass

MTD Kingston Fretless

Thought so, it's definately the EB-0 that I want though.

Really good range of tone there, have you had chance to compare the Status bass to any Modulus offerings?

Archived