Mr. Bungle Appreciation

Hotblack

• Members

amazing stuff...i played the first album all the way thorugh on my college radio station...sorry FCC...glad they didn't tune in to hear 'win a chance to butt-bang your daughters cherry ass to caller 6,6,6...."

• Members

My favorite band.

Snap, crackle, pop!

If you want to know what's behind the show

You ride my carousel and enter life's jail cell

Love and blood begin to meld, you've lost the self that you once held

Merry go round your head - awake, asleep, alive or dead.

Their cover of Loverboy's "Everybody's Working for the Weekend" is great, too!

• Members

So they really have run out of steam, then?

Who knows. It's all new Zorn material, so it should be interesting. Here's the description from www.tzadik.com

Secret Chiefs 3: Xaphan: Book of Angels Volume 9 [#7364]

Spectacular arrangements of Masada compositions by mad alchemist Trey Spruance, mastermind of Secret Chiefs 3 and one of the most brilliant musicians around. Drawing upon an astonishing array of musical styles from Exotica and Surf to Ethiopian Funk and Gypsy Swing, Trey

• Members

now Masada compositions seems like an oxy-moron.

i've seen Masada being performed and it's all improv...

I've actually seen Masda performed with Trey and Trevor and william winant and patton as special gueat

Remember, Zorn has entire Masada songbooks. Each song is generally just five bars and then they go off the cuff from there. It's great that he has done so many incarnations of it. Recently, he called a halt to the original Masada quartet (Zorn, Douglas, Baron, Cohen), but he has been releasing new Masada material with a new artists on each album.

One of my favorites was Electric Masada with Trevor Dunn on bass and John Medeski on organ. (That wasn't the new stuff, but it was still excellent.)

If it's all improv, you might be thinking of Cobra.

• Members

Once upon a time I was up late drinking with a couple of friends over at my buddy's house. Everything was super cool and relaxed. Then my man Chris puts in a Bungle CD and within five minutes a three man riot had erupted. I think we broke everything but the stereo. We all woke up the next day bloody and hungover, but it was an amazing experience.

Archived