Does anybody dislike the sound of mesa boogie cabs?

BEAD

• Members

I've got a Mesa Road Ready 2x15 that I am very fond of. It was $350, weighs 150lbs and sounds every bit worth the price and weight. It even came complete with stickers of devils having sex (straight and lesbian), satanic and drug slogans, and good old Mr. Yuck.

• Members

The only mesa cabs I'm interested in cost about $2-4000 dollars in the UK.

I mean, they're a jump more expensive than even the most 'boutique' of manufacturers. Absolutely insane prices. I presume they just don't care about their European consumers whatsoever.

• Members

When I was shopping for a cab, I played through lots & lots of cabs. My 2 finalists were Aguilar or Mesa 4x10s. Neither one would have been wrong; so the decison was tough. Part of the reason for going w/Aguilar was I already had the Aguilar OBP3 in one of my basses, and it was working magic.

Mesa lost partially because I already had familiarity with Aguilar.

• Members

I've got two Diesel Road Ready cabs; a 2x10 and a 2x15. I love them both. I was running them in stereo with two preamps and a stereo power amp, but the last few times I played I used my Buster 200 head on just the 2x15, and it sounds great. Heavy as f%@$, but worth it.

rigofdoom250ph3.jpg

• Members

The Diesel cabs are the {censored}. I have no experience with the newer ones. I still really want a Diesel 2x15 cab...sickest cab ever!

Dan

Werd, I have one of those actually but one of the 15's is blown out. Does anybody here know where I can get a replacement speaker with the same specs to replace a 15?

• Members

I *think* they had EVs in them...

- georgestrings

Yea, it's a EVM 15L OEM model speaker, which I can't seem to find anywhere. The thing is- it doesn't say on it how many ohms or watts it is so I could find a replacement with similar specs either so I was wondering if anybody knew where to either get the speaker or one just like it more or less...

• Members

Yea, it's a EVM 15L OEM model speaker, which I can't seem to find anywhere. The thing is- it doesn't say on it how many ohms or watts it is so I could find a replacement with similar specs either so I was wondering if anybody knew where to either get the speaker or one just like it more or less...

Again, just an educated guess, but I *think* all those 215s were 4 ohms - therefor, the speakers would most likely be 8 ohms, wired in parallel...

- georgestrings

• Moderators

Hmmm, you didn't seem to mind mine.

:confused:

I am largely ignoring that short experience because it was (1) in a room I had never played in before (2) with basses I am largely unfamiliar with and (3) with an amp I had never played before. If I were able to play my basses, through my amps into those cabs, I'd have a better chance to evaluate.

• Members

Yeah, not at all like Ampeg - which are over-priced, and sound crappy.... and I've never found Mesa products to be under-powered like Ampegs are...

- georgestrings

WRONG!!!

Having never played Mesa cabs....i can't comment....BUT,

my Ampeg stuff is hardly under-powered, and doesn't sound at all like crap.

It may look like crap....but i kinda like it that way. When i throw the standby

the look is "wow it actually works"....and well!!!!

Archived