I'm not a Hartke fan but..........

no-logic

• Members

I wanted an inexpensive DI to have in case of a rig failure at gigs. I wanted some sort of sound shaping capability as well but didn't want to invest much on something that may never get used. I came across a Hartke VXL Bass Attack for $69 and free shipping and thought I would take a chance. I must say that I am impressed with the way this thing sounds. Short of missing a mid control I'd say it is maybe a click below the BDDI that I used to have. It really sounds good. I tried the Behringer BDDI clone and it was junk. The Hartke is well worth the money. I have to play with it some more but so far I think I found a winner for $69.

• Members

I have experience with Hartke in the past and really like their quality. Lost an Ebay bid last year on a Bass Attack and never pursued another one. I own a Behringer BDI and haven't used it in over a year. Bought a bunch of Hartke strings last year on Ebay - I like 'em. Don't get me started on wanting an XL215.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Sorry, I can't agree with a blanket statement like this. Sorry they didn't work out for YOU but the heads are fine and have served me well the last 4 years!

I prefer their heads to their cabs - but have found most of their products to be atleast useable, although not as durable as I'd like...

- georgestrings

• Members

Pretty sure D'Addario makes the strings. They have the multi colored ball ends, and sound very much like the D'Addario family of nickel strings.

A good value, especially if you change strings frequently.

They are quite like Daddos, but I find that they retain crispness and character a bit longer with me sweating and thrashing about on them. Plus, they're just a damned great value at that price. :p

Archived