The Underappreciated Action movie thread!!!!

Funkee1

• Members

Inspired by the "Action Movie Dialogue" thread, Post a favorite action movie that gets little or no love here, then defend your choices. No Evil Dead Trilogy here. We all pretty much agree they're great.

My first:

Demolition Man- One of Stallones better movies, and the one in which Rob Schneider perfected his "cameo appearance" schtick. Another Kudo for introducing us to Sandra Bullock, and yet another for Wesley Snipes, as one of the best villains ever, IMHO.

My second- The Last Action Hero- Arnold sending himself up as Jack Slater, Rogue supercop in movies, who finds the real world ain't quite the same as the movies.

My favorite scene: When Villain steps out of the movies, commits amurder, announces it, loudly, and no one cares, in fact New yourkers yell "Shut the F^^k up, will ya?"

Lastly, The Golden Child- Not one of Eddie Murphy's best, but some great scenes. Worth a watch on a Sunday afternoon, or late- night on cable, and the chick.......whoa!!!! Same villain as Last Action Hero, BTW.....

• Members

Any Arnie flick would do it for me, but I don't see those as 'underappreciated' because I probably overappreciate them everyday. Commando, Running Man, Predator, Total Recall... all at the top of my list.

This is a true statement. :)

• Members

This is a true statement.
:)

+1. I also used to love Commando. It was a great movie.

There is another movie that I used to watch when I was really young. I haven't got a clue what it was called or who was in it. All that I remember about it was people went for a hike/camping trip in the wilderness. In the beginning of the movie, one guy was demonstrating how to walk across a rope bridge...and he was using a small model of a bridge and an egg as a person.

Towards the end of the movie, One of the stronger hikers fell (down a cliff?) and broke his leg or something like that. The rest of the peeps had to go down and get him, then carry him out.

I guess it was sort of a "coming of age" type of movie...but those are the only really fuzzy details that remember.

Does anybody have any clue what movie it could have been? I'm totally open to suggestions.

Oh...and another action movie...K2 was pretty cool.

• Members

Also The Boondock Saints.

Are you from Boston ;)

I enjoy that movie, but because of Willem Dafoe being absolutely hilarious. The rest is kinda meh.

Underappreciated:

Enemy of the State - Will Smith and Gene Hackman fight John Voight over a video tape on murder. Entertains me to no end.

Behind Enemy Lines - Owen Wilson in an action movie. How can you not like it?

Fifth Element - Bruce Willis as a futuristic cab driver, gets into trouble with a hot chick, becomes John McClane and kills everybody. Gary Oldman does badguy and stupid accent. :thu:

• Members

Equillibrium with Christian Bale and Taye Diggs. If you haven't seen this movie, you need to.

I am a dumbass because I just responded to Boondock... Equilibrium was released the same year as the Matrix. I enjoy both, but Equilibrium has the better action scenes IMO. Great flick.

And it has Sean Bean.

EDIT: not the same year. My bad. Matrix was '99. Oh well..

• Members

I am a dumbass because I just responded to Boondock... Equilibrium was released the same year as the Matrix. I enjoy both, but Equilibrium has the better action scenes IMO. Great flick.

And it has Sean Bean.

EDIT: not the same year. My bad. Matrix was '99. Oh well..

I'm not from Boston but enjoy the theme of the Saint's:D.

Equillibrium is like the greatest movie that no one knows about. I love the action..the close quarters gun battles is the {censored}.

Dan

• Members

I Come in Peace - Dolph Lundgren

Judge Dredd - Stallone

Forgot to add-

FX and FX2 with Bryan Brown and Brian Dennehy.

never saw FX2 but I liked the other movies you mentioned.

I come in Peace is so bad but captivating.

I do not think there is one Stallone movie that I dont like. he is one of my Favorite actors

• Members

I'm not from Boston but enjoy the theme of the Saint's:D.

Equillibrium is like the greatest movie that no one knows about. I love the action..the close quarters gun battles is the {censored}.

Dan

Equilibrium really got me into Christian Bale. He's so detached in it. I went out and borrowed American Psycho shortly after that, and I was amazed at his versatility. I can't think of one role he's done that hasn't been good. Brilliant actor :cool:

• Moderators
never saw FX2 but I liked the other movies you mentioned.

I come in Peace is so bad but captivating.

I do not think there is one Stallone movie that I dont like. he is one of my Favorite actors

You nailed it with I Come in Peace. It's horrible, but I can't help but watch it when it's on the TV. As far as the FX movies, if you liked 1, it's worth it to check out FX2. Even more gadgets.

Archived