Time to sue somebody maybe?

Crescent Seven

• Members
It shouldn't go on your credit report....

I had a power company write to me demanding over 400 GBP without ever explaining why and threatening legal action. From phone calls nobody could tell me why. It got to the stage where I rang them and said "OK, you owe me

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
It shouldn't go on your credit report....

I had a power company write to me demanding over 400 GBP without ever explaining why and threatening legal action. From phone calls nobody could tell me why. It got to the stage where I rang them and said "OK, you owe me

• Members

I wouldn't say that they're all bottom dwellers. Jugghaid makes a ton of money as a collections guru and he seems like a decent guy. I do agree that there are a lot of douchebags in the business. Collections isn't something I'd like to do, especially if it's your job to go and repossess stuff or confront people in person.

I was watching a show about repo men on Discovery a long while back. One of the dudes they followed had been shot in the face with a shotgun by a disgruntled customer. The blast just grazed him, but it was enough to leave him permanently disfigured.

This is true. Thing is, I have had very civil polite conversations with them too, though these were for more legitimate reasons, I owed money, I was making payments, there was no reason to give or get grief. I can man up, I'll take a collections call head on and say "Sorry, yes I will pay you on X day" and not feel the need to be rude, if they don't.

And yeah, Repo men don't have it easy. It's a job I wouldn't take on. Respect.

• Members

Who the hell actually uses that in every day life aside from Captain Wonderbrain over there?

At least a half a dozen other people on this forum, and at least two other people in this thread...(and your reply is extra ironic, since you're 'refutation' of my post used the "greater than" sign, which is part of the exact same system of notations)...

Though I love that you're taking a post personally when it had nothing to do with you, and are using it as an opportunity to insult me...

Considering I've never personally insulted you, and this is one more personal insult you've made towards me, you're really becoming a class act...:thu:

• Members

Before hiring your own lawyer, check and see what your tax dollars can do for you. Your states attorny general (or similar office) may be able to go to bat for you. Since it' an interstate call, the feds may be of help, check with banking, commerce and student loan type offices.

Spending a few hours checking these options may save you hundreds in lawyer fees, and if not, at least you tried and know the lawyer is your last resort.

• Members
(and your reply is extra ironic, since you're 'refutation' of my post used the "greater than" sign, which is part of the exact same system of notations)...

Hmmm, not convinced by that argument. I know the greater than/lesser than signs, but didn't know the not equal to one. I think it's safe to say the (used in basic mathematics) are more commonly known than !=

Thanks for teaching me something though. I like learning new things :)

• Members
Hmmm, not convinced by that argument. I know the greater than/lesser than signs, but didn't know the not equal to one. I think it's safe to say the (used in basic mathematics) are more commonly known than !=

Thanks for teaching me something though. I like learning new things
:)

You're definitely right that it's lesser known (though several folks in just the thread did know it)...

Perhaps it's not quite so ironic as I thought ;)

Archived