Fender Jazz 6

Super Bass

• Members

OK, what is with him using his ring finger on his right hand to play? I mean, is this just a theatric? It wasn't like he was using his other fingers at the time, just his ring finger.

Good player and all, but I like economy of motion...not theatrics. If this isn't just a flourish of some kind, please someone set me straight.

• Members

OK, what is with him using his ring finger on his right hand to play? I mean, is this just a theatric? It wasn't like he was using his other fingers at the time, just his ring finger.

Good player and all, but I like economy of motion...not theatrics. If this isn't just a flourish of some kind, please someone set me straight.

Errr?

I think he uses it when he's playing artificial harmonics, which he does a crapload of.

EDIT: Whoa, just realized that.

I dunno, maybe just for a real specific type of sound?

• Members

I dunno, maybe it's just an odd habit he's got. Unless you're Jeff Berlin, which means what he's doing is WRONG :poke: :cop:

• Members

If it's a Bailey sig, I'll probably end up buying it.

Quotebump for beautiful awesomeness. :p

EDIT:

As for the ring finger thing, he apparently uses his index and middle mainly as an artificial harmonics device, so his ring finger would be his primary playing finger, if he was keeping that device prepped.

• Members

Quotebump for beautiful awesomeness.
:p

EDIT:

As for the ring finger thing, he apparently uses his index and middle mainly as an artificial harmonics device, so his ring finger would be his primary playing finger, if he was keeping that device prepped.

Hmmm...I'll have to check more into this....

Archived