Binkley Review: Terminator: The sarah Connor Chronicles!

Funkee1

• Members

Watched the premiere last night, and the second episode tonight (well, last night, now that it's Tuesday....)

Meh.........

It's not bad, but it's not great either. There seemed to be some moments where they veered too far away form the story of the two movies for me. Sometines they seemed to follow the same time line, and other times, it seemed to me that they had never seen the movies.

Perhaps it was just me (spoiler alert), but the premiere took place in New Mexico, but then they did a time- jump (too long to explain), and ended up in Los Angeles. When Sarah asked the robot sent to protect her where they were, she said "Same where, different when" Huh? You were in Santa Fe a minute ago!!!!! Did I miss something????

Anyway, there are worse things to watch on Monday nights (like "Dance war:Bruno Vs Carrie Ann), but don't put too much stock in this one. It'll be gone by summer......

• Members

When I saw the title I knew it'd be you posting
:D

Me too...but this time we agree on it! Meh.

And to explain your time paradox...they were in Santa Fe, then they had to go and talk to Dyson's wife...so they went to LA. Then they did the whole time jump thing after that...so it was the same where...if that makes sense.

• Members
Me too...but this time we agree on it! Meh.

And to explain your time paradox...they were in Santa Fe, then they had to go and talk to Dyson's wife...so they went to LA. Then they did the whole time jump thing after that...so it was the same where...if that makes sense.

Oh.....Ok.I guess I got confused cause they said "We need to talk to stop Skynet", then they were just AT dyson's house. I assumed they were still in NM. They didn't do the long drive montage!

• Members

Oh.....Ok.

I guess I got confused cause they said "We need to talk to stop Skynet", then they were just AT dyson's house. I assumed they were still in NM. They didn't do the long drive montage!

Yeah, I think they just assumed that we knew they went to LA. I kinda missed that part as well, so I might be wrong...but since T2 takes place in LA, I assume that's where they went.

Speaking of Terminator...I'm not sure how I feel about T4...Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins. No Arnold? And it almost seems like it's going to move away from the other 3 movies. They are even talking about it being a 3 part series type of thing in itself.

• Members

Ah...interesting. Probably better than having an Arnold model sent back to protect and him having a thing for John Connor.

I'm just saying...

Especially because he can order her around and tell her what to do.

I did watch it. Reminded me of The Fugitive.

• CMS Author

Oooh, ok, Summer Glau is one
great
reason to watch it, I can probably even ignore the lack of Linda Hamilton for that. Interesting that they'd cast her in another "cute little china doll death machine" role.

She's a major disappointment. Not her fault...as a terminator, she has to portray that emotionless machine persona, and she does it so well it takes all the sex-appeal out. The unmoving eyes really ruin it for me.

Archived