No More Neckdive!

Thunderbroom

• Members

:thu:

I picked up my tele bass from Kindness today. He shielded it, cleaned up the wiring, set it up BEAD with a five string set of flats, cleaned up the frets, and fixed the neck dive.

I'll break it in with the band during auditions on Sunday.

:cool:

Thanks again Mr. Kindness!

Also, thanks for taking me to that music store.

:love:

There were soooo many cool basses in that place from really old Fenders and Gibsons as well as new stuff. It looked more like a museum instead of a music store but it's all available to play.

• Members

I picked up my tele bass from Kindness today. He shielded it, cleaned up the wiring, set it up BEAD with a five string set of flats, cleaned up the frets, and fixed the neck dive.

There were soooo many cool basses in that place from really old Fenders and Gibsons as well as new stuff. It looked more like a museum instead of a music store but it's all available to play.

Which music store? :confused:

• Members

any progress on a replacement pickup or did the shielding resolve some of the issues?

• Members

any progress on a replacement pickup or did the shielding resolve some of the issues?

The shielding seems to have resolved some of the issues. The rest of it is 60 cycle hum. I'm gonna use it at our next gig and see how it all works out. The lack of neck dive is freakin' cool. It wore me out at the couple of gigs I played it at.

• Members

My pleasure as always.

Did you find a strap to work with the new button location?

Thanks for lunch.

I hate you Chris.

Yep. My Comfort Strapp is on there now.

I also took your advice/suggestion and move the stack to the garage. I'm gonna use the Neopak and the 112 on Sunday since that's what I've been using for rehearsals in the past.

• Moderators

The shielding seems to have resolved some of the issues. The rest of it is 60 cycle hum. I'm gonna use it at our next gig and see how it all works out.

It is no more than any other single coil pickup I have in a fully shielded bass. Obnoxious to some, unnoticeable to others.

Tbroom. Did you see the Henman-Bevilacqua basses on the site?

• Members

It is no more than any other single coil pickup I have in a fully shielded bass. Obnoxious to some, unnoticeable to others.

Tbroom. Did you see the Henman-Bevilacqua basses on the site?

Yeah...I just looked.

While I still liked the look, I don't like the price tag...at all.

:eek:

• Moderators

Did you play those again?

Was your impression any different this time?

I didn't play them this time. I don't remember them being there when I went with you. I must have not paid enough attention. I actually didn't play anything today. Too busy.

• Members

I didn't play them this time. I don't remember them being there when I went with you. I must have not paid enough attention. I actually didn't play anything today. Too busy.

I distinctly remember you being in the bass audition room with me while I had one down, and I think we were both shocked at how tinny/metallic/thin it sounded, especially given the price tag. :eek:

Part of that could have been the amp, but still...

EMG-HZ's are a strange choice for a $7000 bass.

• Moderators

I distinctly remember you being in the bass audition room with me while I had one down, and I think we were both shocked at how tinny/metallic/thin it sounded, especially given the price tag.
:eek:

Part of that could have been the amp, but still...

EMG-HZ's are a strange choice for a $7000 bass.

I remember now. Yuk. Cool style though. Now that I have my classically styled basses I'm starting to become VERY interested in unique designs.

Archived