Tenacious D and the Pick of Desitny

B-Bottom

• Members

Jack Black in
Envy
is my favorite of his. Other than that, his {censored} just gets so old to me. I guess that may be due in part to a couple of my friends idol-worshiping him and KG.

My fave was in "High Fidelity". Just nailed it, IMHO. Envy was great too.

• Members

My fave was in "High Fidelity". Just nailed it, IMHO. Envy was great too.

+1

High Fidelity is probably my favorite roll of his. He does great in side-rolls... his starring films? Not so much.

What was the name of that movie with Jack Black and two other main dude characters, and they kidnapped his fiance or whatever to prevent him from marrying her... That was pretty funny too.

• Members

+1

High Fidelity is probably my favorite roll of his. He does great in side-rolls... his starring films? Not so much.

What was the name of that movie with Jack Black and two other main dude characters, and they kidnapped his fiance or whatever to prevent him from marrying her... That was pretty funny too.

Saving Silverman.

An all-time classic w/ Steve Zahn. :)

• Members

I have to admit I hated that movie, I got as far as the "stwabewwy wivva" and had to turn it off.

now, school of rock was cool, hi fidelity was cool, I absolutely LOVED saving silverman

"if the nachos stick together, that counts as one nacho"

• 7 months later...
  • Members

Finally saw this.

I keep expecting to get tired of JB, yet I don't. I dunno why. I thought it was very good, and there are some great scenes. Yeah, Master Exploder. I need to watch that again. :D

I'm not morally opposed to this at all, but I thought the drug usage and shroom scene was distracting. There were some scenes that they should have left out. They didn't fit. But I don't have any prior exposure to the D, and I suspect they just wanted to get some of their elements in there (i.e., Sasquatch). It also seemed as if the songs drove the scenes, not the scenes driving the songs.

Overall, very good and outrageously funny.

Archived