I need ideas for pickguard/wiring my project tele jazz bass

psychobilly451

• Members

telebassprojectmock.jpg

this is my mock up pic so far. I need to order an input jack for my Cort B4 so I figured I would order the rest of the guts for my project bass. But I dont know what I should get. could go standard jazz set up VVT or mix it up for series parallel etc. I am hoping to keep the stock control plate but could just make a pickguard to make it work.

Help a brother out and give me ideas.

Photo shop guys feel free to "show me" your ideas for pickguards too.

• Members

telebassprojectmock.jpg

this is my mock up pic so far. I need to order an input jack for my Cort B4 so I figured I would order the rest of the guts for my project bass. But I dont know what I should get. could go standard jazz set up VVT or mix it up for series parallel etc. I am hoping to keep the stock control plate but could just make a pickguard to make it work.

Help a brother out and give me ideas.

Photo shop guys feel free to "show me" your ideas for pickguards too.

Wouldn't you want the pickups angled the other way?

The main issue I see is the cutout next to the neck pocket. You're forcing yourself to use a massive pickguard in order to cover it.

I would suggest either a pickguard similar to a stingray 5 (which would make you give up the metal plate), or an elongated standard telecaster pickguard.

• Members

fill in those routes, spray it metal flake gold and drop in two mm humbuckers.

no pickguard.

+1 (though I would go with silver flake)

I think with the current routes, any pickguard you design for it will be gigantic and look odd on a tele body. I'd say fill in the holes, repaint the body and go without a pickguard. I suppose the the Roscoe Beck PG could look decent on it, though.

• Members

fill in those routes, spray it metal flake gold and drop in two mm humbuckers.

no pickguard.

Damn, for once I agree with BOALG on something. Must be the meds...:D

Getting Jazz pups to fit the existing routes will be tough. I'd fill the and re-route for the Jazz pups. A full-body refinish in the color of your choice is in order.

As for the pick guard design...

1.jpg

My two cents. :)

Archived