The Gibson Bass Thread

misterhinkydink

• Members

So many bassists, so few know a real Gibby...

Gibby.JPG

Thats the real deal right there. Those and a few other Gibson basses were at the very top of the pile when they came out. Heck, this one still is.
:cool:

No {censored}. The Victory artist is still on my "must have" list eventually. Heavy as a mofo, but that sound and play fantastic.

That was teh first bass I really lusted after.

• Members

No {censored}. The Victory artist is still on my "must have" list eventually. Heavy as a mofo, but that sound and play fantastic.

That was teh first bass I really lusted after.

You know what time it is.:thu:

I took this one to a HCBF meetup at Kindness' place and no one even plugged it in.:(

• Members

Post yours.

Mine
:cool:

gibsonbasses.jpg

Is your EB-3 a long-scale? I might just have to get a few more beers in me and break in tonight. . ...:mad::cool:

That's what I want as far as EB's go, long-scale.

I've got a T-bird reissue, Gibson not Epi. Too many beers to go get it off of photobucket. . ..ok, hang on. . .

Tbird.jpg

Ok, she exists now since there's pics. ;)

• Members

sweet :

gibsons.jpg

My first "real" bass was a Ripper like that one. Got it when I was 14. Had to sell my GT BMX bike to get it. lol! Before that, I was learning on some short-scale POS with the brand "encore" on it, and then a Sears catalog p-bass.

Anyway, here's a tragic tale... saw a newspaper ad, and when I read "Gibson Bass-$170," I was expecting a T-bird or Explorer body-style, and then my Dad drives me over to the guy's place, and the guy brings out this huge thing that looked like the Great-Gazoo from the Flintstones. I bought it anyway, and hated the damn thing, but loved playing it (was the early 90's... every bass was supposed to have svelte body and reversed hockey-stick for a neck).

Well one day, I lost the damn house key, and had to sneak in through a basement window (also my bedroom window, of course), and with no footing, I let go and landed tailbone-first right against the heel of the body. Split the set neck, got pissed off and threw it in the trash.

Ironically, after that I didn't even consider playing again until 14 years later, but still kept the old Gibson case (found the bridge plate in a box of my one of my dad's pack-rat boxes, too), and the first bass I buy fits right in it (Schecter Studio 5). The mold and mildew in there even makes the 2-year old Korean bass smell like a vintage.

Archived