Ordered my amp, sorry for wasting everyone's time

poomwah

• Members

To all the people that offered me advice on an amp, and everyone who was so patient with me, thank you so much for everything. And I'm also wanting to apologize for NOT taking the advice that you all gave me. But I ordered an amp today that wasn't even on my list, it was 100 dollars more than I was planning on spending on the GK1001rb, well 105 dollars to be more specific, I got it for 725, the GK would have been 620 from RMC, So in two days, I should have me new Ampeg SVT3PRo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It doesn't review well. That being said, I found the perfect sound for my old band through one, and you could definitely do worse. Its not as versatile as the GK, but it isn't like its a horrible amp that is going to fall apart when you open the box or something.

• Moderators

that bad?

It is perfectly serviceable and will do you no harm. But the GK is a better amp. To pay more for a lesser amp is a bad choice in our opinion. Not a "you married a psycho!" bad choice, but a "you didn't get the steak?" bad choice.

• Members

well, I did the married a pyscho thing about 15 years ago, thank god thats over.

I knew the GK had more power, but my way of thinking is that I wanted that classic svt sound and couldnt afford the full tube version, the guy I got this from said I could get the same sound.

I guess my way of thinking was messed up again :[

• Moderators

well, I did the married a pyscho thing about 15 years ago, thank god thats over.

I knew the GK had more power, but my way of thinking is that I wanted that classic svt sound and couldnt afford the full tube version, the guy I got this from said I could get the same sound.

I guess my way of thinking was messed up again :[

It's not the same sound, but again, it isn't a horrible choice. Just not the best. Get it, play it. If you love it, keep it. If you don't love it, send it back.

• Members

this is what I get for listening to a friend who plays through a hartke :p He hooked me up with a friend of his who plays in a "local" band and sells instruments/equipment. His first suggestion was the hartke 5500, but he thought the svt would be closer to what I wanted. Now I'm gonna be a nervous wreck for 2 days :[

Archived