Ordered my amp, sorry for wasting everyone's time

poomwah

• Members

well, talk about wasting time, I'm not getting the ampeg, there was a mixup and the shipment got re-routed, and now its back ordered, and I dont feel like waiting for them to come in, and I'm not going to get that good a deal anywhere else, so NO ampeg, sorry about this whole post, LOL

In regards to my wifes bass, its been de-mangoed, the personalization bug has bitten her and she's got other ideas for it, so the dragon fly stickers came off. When she gets the other stuff done, I'll post pics, I'll post a new thread though, with her bass and her rig. It should be interesting to see how it evolves, LOL

Personally, I think ya dodged a bullet there, bud...

- georgestrings

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

thanks everybody, to be honest, all this amp talk and search is making me really miss my carvin. I think I just might bite that bullet I dodged and see if I can get it fixed, its not really powerful, only 300 watts, but I loved the way it sounded before it toasted. If carvin still made the same model it would be a no brainer, but they don't.

• Members

thanks everybody, to be honest, all this amp talk and search is making me really miss my carvin. I think I just might bite that bullet I dodged and see if I can get it fixed, its not really powerful, only 300 watts, but I loved the way it sounded before it toasted. If carvin still made the same model it would be a no brainer, but they don't.

Getting a 300 watt Carvin repaired *might* not be your best course of action...

- georgestrings

• Members

To all the people that offered me advice on an amp, and everyone who was so patient with me, thank you so much for everything. And I'm also wanting to apologize for NOT taking the advice that you all gave me. But I ordered an amp today that wasn't even on my list, it was 100 dollars more than I was planning on spending on the GK1001rb, well 105 dollars to be more specific, I got it for 725, the GK would have been 620 from RMC, So in two days, I should have me new Ampeg SVT3PRo

The 3PRO is NOT a bad amp. Actually I did an A/B test against several other amps and it won.

BOALG wouldn't know good tone if it hit him straight in the ass. :D

Seriously, it's not for everybody, but it's a good solid amp. A wee bit underpowered based on it's power rating, but you can get a damn good tone out of it.

Having said that, for the coin you were gonna spend I think you can do better.

• Members

The 3PRO is NOT a bad amp. Actually I did an A/B test against several other amps and it won.

BOALG wouldn't know good tone if it hit him straight in the ass.
:D

Seriously, it's not for everybody, but it's a good solid amp. A wee bit underpowered based on it's power rating, but you can get a damn good tone out of it.

Having said that, for the coin you were gonna spend I think you can do better.

I agree with that since I own one and like it. The tube preamp will get you a good tone, its just the power section may not quite be strong enough depending but then again thats what a PA is for anyway.

That said, I got mine for about 550 bucks, so its great if you can get a good enough deal...

• Members

the best deal I can find on it anywhere else is about 900 bucks, and I'm not about to go that route.

Fixing the carvin might not be the greatest idea, but it would give me something I know I would like

If I knew the newer carvins would be just more powerful versions of what I had, I'd just nab one of those and be done with it, but for all I know, they are completely different animals sound wise from the one I have

Archived