Got my first ever traffic ticket 10 minutes ago.

bikehorn

• Members

I didn't completely stop for a stop sign in my neighbourhood, and out came the flashing lights. Kinda {censored}ty since I slowed down until I was almost stopped, but didn't quite completely stop - so technically I was still in the wrong. Luckily the officer only ticketed me for the expired insurance card in my dad's car(I don't have/want/need my own at this point) since I had a previously clean record. No points for this ticket either so it could have been a lot worse I guess. I just hope it doesn't make my insurance go up much at renewal time. :(

• Members

I got my first and only(knock on wood) ticket going 55 in a 35 but we had a L.A.C.E. program going on here at the time that kept it off your record if you went and paid it off at the courthouse within the month. So I did and have a clean record because of it.. you should ask about that when you go to pay it.

• Members

I got pulled over one time for a headlight out, then realized I didn't have the proof of insurance (was my parents' van). I first thought he pulled me over for expired tags, so when he asked if I knew why he pulled me over, that's what I told him...missed the two things that were actually wrong.

He let me off with a warning, since he said I was so nice. :D

• Members

I didn't completely stop for a stop sign in my neighbourhood, and out came the flashing lights. Kinda {censored}ty since I slowed down until I was almost stopped, but didn't quite completely stop - so technically I was still in the wrong. Luckily the officer only ticketed me for the expired insurance card in my dad's car(I don't have/want/need my own at this point) since I had a previously clean record. No points for this ticket either so it could have been a lot worse I guess. I just hope it doesn't make my insurance go up much at renewal time.
:(

Hollywood stop :thu:

Maybe you can go to traffic school so the infraction won't go on your driving record?

• Members

I didn't completely stop for a stop sign in my neighbourhood, and out came the flashing lights. Kinda {censored}ty since I slowed down until I was almost stopped, but didn't quite completely stop - so technically I was still in the wrong. Luckily the officer only ticketed me for the expired insurance card in my dad's car(I don't have/want/need my own at this point) since I had a previously clean record. No points for this ticket either so it could have been a lot worse I guess. I just hope it doesn't make my insurance go up much at renewal time.

If he only ticketed you for the insurance it won't show up on your record. Moving violations and accidents show up, I don't think anything else does.

Dan

• Members

If he only ticketed you for the insurance it won't show up on your record. Moving violations and accidents show up, I don't think anything else does.

Dan

OHHH i only read the stop sign part.. yeah my uncle's MPD here and you won't get a mark on your record for insurance/inspection sticker types of things.

• CMS Author

Dude, I got a ticket once for failing to come to a complete stop, on my motorcycle. I had stopped completely, but I didn't put my feet down, and the rookie douchebag said I couldn't possibly stop that way. I said, "oh, really?" and picked my feet up and balanced the bike for about 15 seconds. He wasn't impressed by this, by my PBA card, nor that *my brother* was a former cop in his town and present cop in the next town over....and I got the ticket. I told him, "thanks, I hope nobody in your family ever gets pulled over by my brother or anyone he knows in the local departments".

I learned he was fired a year later. Karma baby, karma.......

• CMS Author

I just hope it doesn't make my insurance go up much at renewal time.

No points, and it's not a moving violation. No insurance hit.

As a reminder to everyone....*never* fill out and return any survey forms your insurance company sends you during the year. They troll for any info you're dumb enough to send them. This is learned from my agent after they bought a mailing list from some online company, and found out my daugher had lied about her age to download an online game. They thought she was of driving age and tried to raise my rates, and kept sending me "surveys" demanding I disclose info on anyone in the family who may have a license.

{censored} 'em, let 'em do the legwork themselves, and get the right info.

• Members

{censored} 'em, let 'em do the legwork themselves, and get the right info.

I've never disclosed any tickets to my insurance company, they have to find out on their own. It's probably saved me a few thousand dollars over the years.:D

Today I was driving along, and a cop pulled out into traffic in front of me, and one lane over. He was starting to speed up, but the dumbass kid in the car in front of me slowed WAAAAYYYY down, so he wouldn't pass the cop. I'm talking down to like 15mph. The cop noticed, of course, and had to pretty much stop in the middle of the highway so this idiot would get past him, so he could pull him over. I don't think he would have pulled the kid over if he had just kept right on driving...:freak:

C7

• CMS Author

I've never disclosed any tickets to my insurance company, they have to find out on their own. It's probably saved me a few thousand dollars over the years.
:D

Today I was driving along, and a cop pulled out into traffic in front of me, and one lane over. He was starting to speed up, but the dumbass kid in the car in front of me slowed WAAAAYYYY down, so he wouldn't pass the cop. I'm talking down to like 15mph. The cop noticed, of course, and had to pretty much stop in the middle of the highway so this idiot would get past him, so he could pull him over. I don't think he would have pulled the kid over if he had just kept right on driving...
:freak:
C7

Didja see the Cops or whatever show it is, where this dumbass is pulled over for something, and the cops give him a minor ticket? They then ask the guy if they can search his car? They tell him it's not required of him to let them, but he says, "fine, no problem". They ask him to sit inside the cop car while they search, and he does. We're watching from the cop car dash cam....

They open the trunk, and pull out a huge bag of "oregano". Gigantic. You hear the guy sitting in the car...."Stupid!!!, stupid!!!!, stupid!!!!":lol::lol::lol:

• Members

Didja see the Cops or whatever show it is, where this dumbass is pulled over for something, and the cops give him a minor ticket? They then ask the guy if they can search his car? They tell him it's not required of him to let them, but he says, "fine, no problem". They ask him to sit inside the cop car while they search, and he does. We're watching from the cop car dash cam....

They open the trunk, and pull out a huge bag of "oregano". Gigantic. You hear the guy sitting in the car...."Stupid!!!, stupid!!!!, stupid!!!!":lol:
:lol:

Dude. They teach you in {censored}ing high school that the answer is always NO if they ask permission to search.

They're going to do it anyways, "probable cause" and all, but {censored} them anyways. Anyone that submits to a search willingly is a {censored}.:D

C7

• Members

Damn. That's so [redacted] and [redacted]. I'm not sure why that cop would use such a [redacted] law to pull you over. Depending on the traffic situation, what we call "California Stops," are pretty harmless.

But driving w/o valid insurance is pretty [redacted]. You should definitely get that fixed before your court date. If you prove insurance, often the judge will go easier on you.

• Members

They open the trunk, and pull out a huge bag of "oregano". Gigantic. You hear the guy sitting in the car...."Stupid!!!, stupid!!!!, stupid!!!!":lol:

That was brilliant. I've seen that one. The guy was SCREAMING at the top of his lungs, like distorting the camera's microphone while they were lifting out the GARBAGE BAG of weed. I guess he must have been pretty blazed if he let them search his car. Hahahahaha.

I'm pretty glad to hear this ticket won't mess up my insurance. Insurance for me as a primary driver on any car would kill me at this point, even without a ticket. One reason I don't want a car for a while.

• Members

An insurance ticket will really screw up your record in Utah. I know. I've learned my lesson.

It's best to check to make sure. Do what ever you can to not let it get on your record.

Since it is your first ticket, you can do a plea in abeyance. That means that if you go a certain amount of time without any more tickets (time to be set by the judge) it will drop off your record after that time. At least that's how they do it here in Utah.

I'm an expert on traffic tickets. I've had over 25 in my life. 17 of them were in the first 2 years I had my license. Funny though, I've only been in one accident, and I've never had a DUI. Most of my tickets were for stupid stuff like a broken windshield, or a taillight out, or failure to signal properly. I'm pretty much a Grandma driver all the time. I've only gotten 2 speeding tickets ever.

• Moderators
Dude, I got a ticket once for failing to come to a complete stop, on my motorcycle. I had stopped completely, but I didn't put my feet down, and the rookie douchebag said I couldn't possibly stop that way. I said, "oh, really?" and picked my feet up and balanced the bike for about 15 seconds. He wasn't impressed by this, by my PBA card, nor that *my brother* was a former cop in his town and present cop in the next town over....and I got the ticket. I told him, "thanks, I hope nobody in your family ever gets pulled over by my brother or anyone he knows in the local departments".

I learned he was fired a year later. Karma baby, karma.......

Wow. He was pretty stupid to write you up for that.

• Members

Hahah, when i was the age of that kid in that video up there, when that cop said not to call him dude, i'd have probably said something like "well then, how does asshole suit you"...and end up in more trouble. :evil:

edit: once you prove you had valid insurance on the day you were pulled over the ticket will be dropped anyway.

• CMS Author

Wow. He was pretty stupid to write you up for that.

Yeah, the thing of it is that if you're cop family, and have the card (PBA, FOP, Retired Officer's, etc) they should let you go for minor {censored} like this was. Especially in your own town. Especially with an immediate blood relative.

IF you were to do something really stupid like speeding or reckless, and show the card, they're supposed to take the card and send it to whatever person gave it to you and explain that you were driving or acting like a dick. Ticketing is always optional, and it sounds like favoritism and is, but that's how it's always been done. This kid clearly didn't get the picture, and from what I heard later, was not suited to the job anyway.

Archived