Whats you pick for a high end bass?

Schecter5

• Members

A group I'm in is looking at purchasing a real good bass, not like a 700-1000 'serisous' bass but like a 3,000 + god bass. we are looking at Jerzy Drozd and Sukop basses right now. I'm just trying to find out if any of you know any names I should be looking at that I'm not already looking at.

-S

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A group I'm in is looking at purchasing a real good bass, not like a 700-1000 'serisous' bass but like a 3,000 + god bass. we are looking at Jerzy Drozd and Sukop basses right now. I'm just trying to find out if any of you know any names I should be looking at that I'm not already looking at.

-S

If I had that much scratch to spend I'll be making a beeline for F-Bass. Although $3000 only buys you the entry level models.

• Members

How are those Delano Pickups. I've been wanting to try 'em.

I've already replaced some Dimarzio with a PJ set (big pole piece version) on my 4 string pointy bass and I'll be specifying them in every bass from here on out. might swap the Jazz pickups in my fretted 5 with them too

They blow away every other brand I've ever used in tone and clarity :thu:

• Members

I've already replaced some Dimarzio with a PJ set (big pole piece version) on my 4 string pointy bass and I'll be specifying them in every bass from here on out. might swap the Jazz pickups in my fretted 5 with them too

They blow away every other brand I've ever used in tone and clarity
:thu:

Yep, any bass I build will have Delano pups if I can help it. Although I am adverse to changing originals, depending on how much I like the tone from the Jag when i get it from Kindness, it might receive a set.

• Members

Play as many as you can, buy the one that won't let you go home without it.

I have a Jerzy Drozd Excellency fretless 4, an awesome instrument. Considering a JD Legend 5 fretless, I like them that much.

Have also played numerous others, especially at LAG, including Hanewinckels, Ken Smith, Stambaugh, Vadim, Sukop, etc etc. Even fedora and Alembic. There does not tend to be junk in that price range. There is a lot of variation in choices and options, however, and they may or may not play and sound like a dream to you. Pick wisely, sample first if you can.

• Members

They blow away every other brand I've ever used in tone and clarity
:thu:

I've heard that from a lot of people. I may have to pick up a MM/J set and preamp for my pointy dean Z-bass.

IM002682.jpg

It would be a great bass to try them out on.

Archived