anyone here tried recording bass with a guitar POD XT?

Zeopold

• Members

I used to use the pod 2.0 all the time , it was not bad . I found the pod always needed to be reset , every time you turned to a new patch you would need to turn all the knobs , especially the gain and output , it would than become louder and clearer . It also has a "preamp" setting that worked great . I think for bass that and the Fender Deluxe and Marshall settings all worked nicely . Just go for it !

• Members

you can download an upgrade for $99 that basically turns the pod xt into a bass pod as well. Its on the line 6 website.

My band demos using the pod xt for guitars. You can get a good sound from it but it takes some patience. There are plenty of great user made tones on the website that you can upload to the pod as well for free.

• Members

I don't have a POD but I have used my Behringer V-Amp2 to track bass guitar with some great results. If you dial in a little hair and some compression, then EQ the track further once it's recorded, you can get a great basic bass sound that will sit up front in the mix. I discovered this purely through experimentation with different amp models and their EQ/compression settings.

• Members

I use the Pod XT. I haven't got the "bass pack" for it, but I have found a handful of amps that sound fantastic with bass. Like someone said, you have to tweak with differnt cab options and stuff, but the result can be pretty nice.

• Members

I just got a bass and the bass pack a few days ago. There are a bunch of amps that are duplicated - the Tube Preamp, Jazz Chorus, Hiwatt 100, as well as the Marshall Bass and Marshall Major, Dual Showman - from the Collector Classics pack... etc. The real key is the cabs. Also the amps have a crossover level where the effects won't work below.

Try those amps, and play with the cabs that are there already. There's a lot of value in the bass pack but if you don't want to jump at that, you can do something good with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived