got me another bass!!

SelenaBassGirl

• Members

my third one! It is an Ibanez GSR200. I won it off of eBay and what ticks me off is that the seller didn't tell me that one of the tuning keys was missing. The photo is so small and the way he had the others set, you couldn't tell. It didn't say anything in the description about a missing tuning key. He just said that it was in excellent condition. It is still a beauty and I know that it can be fixed. However, when I went to a local music store, all the ones they had was either too tight or too loose. :mad: I am supposed to call tomorrow to see how much it will cost for the store to order me a set (gotta buy a whole set now) from Ibanez. He is gonna call them for me. I went hunting myself on the internet but I can't seem to find ones that say it is for the Ibanez GSR200 and when I did find some on the site, they offered no photos or prices but codes that I had NO idea. I am still learning the "technical" stuff with the bass..:freak: Does anyone know about how much these are gonna run me? And where can I order them from that will fit my bass and where I can just buy ONE? It is just the key missing..do you have to buy the whole machine head????

sorry for ramblin! :blah:

• Members

What you probably need is a Jin Ho. These are Korean-made tuners that come standard on a lot of instruments. Even my Reverend has them!

If you don't want to go with one of those, I stuck a Gotoh off of StewMac on my Rev when one tuner broke and it fit perfectly.

Yeah, pretty much any of those sealed tuners will work, including Grovers, Schallers, or Wilkinsons(sp?) - the thing to look for is whether it's a bass or treble tuner(side of the neck), and the orientation of the mounting screw - some are straight down, others come off at an angle... I'd just scrounge up a single replacement, rather than buy a whole set for that bass - unless some of them weren't in good working order...

I also agree that some negative feedback is in order, unless the seller makes it right - that's bull{censored} to sell a bass under the reported circumstances, IMO...

- georgestrings

• Members

I also agree that some negative feedback is in order, unless the seller makes it right - that's bull{censored} to sell a bass under the reported circumstances, IMO...

- georgestrings

Speaking from experience, the catch is, if you leave them negative feedback, chances are they will just say whatever they want, that nothing was really wrong and leave negative back at you. Realistically the sellers should leave feedback first since paying them is fulfilling your only obligation, but most of them hold their feedback for ransom. If someone gripes they just burn them back, with the hopes of a mutual withdrawl. That whole process is set up so wrong. :mad:

• Members

Speaking from experience, the catch is, if you leave them negative feedback, chances are they will just say whatever they want, that nothing was really wrong and leave negative back at you. Realistically the sellers should leave feedback first since paying them is fulfilling your only obligation, but most of them hold their feedback for ransom. If someone gripes they just burn them back, with the hopes of a mutual withdrawl. That whole process is set up so wrong.
:mad:

I hate this as well.

I used to sell tennis rackets/gear thru my account for this small store I used to work for, and once a guy left positive feedback, I left mine, he waited at least a week, and then retracted it and said I sent the wrong size, so I got a hit.

It was teh dumb.

• Members

Speaking from experience, the catch is, if you leave them negative feedback, chances are they will just say whatever they want, that nothing was really wrong and leave negative back at you. Realistically the sellers should leave feedback first since paying them is fulfilling your only obligation, but most of them hold their feedback for ransom. If someone gripes they just burn them back, with the hopes of a mutual withdrawl. That whole process is set up so wrong.

I agree totally. It burns my ass that the buyer has to leave feedback first. :mad:

I have 4 negatives on my account, out of 45 positives. All 4 of them are cases where I got jacked around or ripped off some how, I filed a negative and got one back for my efforts. :rolleyes:

The last time it happened I left a neutral, got one back. There is no winning.

My RB950 came with a broken tuner that close inspection tells me could not have happened in shipping, it had been that way for some time. I gave positive feedback stating "Thanks for selling me a damaged instrument, it will cost me $45 to fix it" :D

• Members

I agree totally. It burns my ass that the buyer has to leave feedback first.

I have 4 negatives on my account, out of 45 positives. All 4 of them are cases where I got jacked around or ripped off some how, I filed a negative and got one back for my efforts.
:rolleyes:

My RB950 came with a broken tuner that close inspection tells me could not have happened in shipping, it had been that way for some time. I gave positive feedback stating "Thanks for selling me a damaged instrument, it will cost me $45 to fix it"
:D

Sorry to highjack your thread SBG..wasn't intentional, but it does apply, because you can't really do much. Renfield is saying pretty much what I was implying, because I have had the same issues. One dude sold something locally, AFTER I had already won the bid and because I left him negative he left me a negative for failing to pay for the item (duh, it was gone according to him on the phone). The last incident we had (misrepresented item) we just left a neutral and I'll be damned if the AH didn't leave a negative back and then negotiated to get a mutual withdrawl.

Anyway SelinaBassGirl...get a new tuner and write us a feedback song...lol. :idea:

• Members

Sorry to highjack your thread SBG..wasn't intentional, but it does apply, because you can't really do much. Renfield is saying pretty much what I was implying, because I have had the same issues. One dude sold something locally, AFTER I had already won the bid and because I left him negative he left me a negative for failing to pay for the item (duh, it was gone according to him on the phone). The last incident we had (misrepresented item) we just left a neutral and I'll be damned if the AH didn't leave a negative back and then negotiated to get a mutual withdrawl.

Anyway SelinaBassGirl...get a new tuner and write us a feedback song...lol.
:idea:

No worries there!:) I didn't think you high jacked my thread!

• Members

pic coming up!

this is the eBay one..I couldn't tell at all by the photo..
Now that I know, I see it....but the photo was so damn small!

dee7_1.jpg
hope it ain't one of ya! lol! or else!!!
:cop:
The bass is really got a prettier color then in this photo. It is red transparent..in this picture it looks brownish..
:freak:

yeh that has happened to me too. It really sucks too! Ebay isn't a war zone. If you earned a neg. then swallow ur pride and take it. I don't leave neg. unless I am really pissed and they seem to leave one back. I could leave a neutral.

NICE!!!!

No worries there!
:)
I didn't think you high jacked my thread!

Hey! im the first one who asked for pics, wheres my Quote? :mad:

just kidding :p great bass! i think thats a good choice, and a nice upgrade.. grats :thu:

• Members

I agree totally. It burns my ass that the buyer has to leave feedback first.

I have 4 negatives on my account, out of 45 positives. All 4 of them are cases where I got jacked around or ripped off some how, I filed a negative and got one back for my efforts.
:rolleyes:

My RB950 came with a broken tuner that close inspection tells me could not have happened in shipping, it had been that way for some time. I gave positive feedback stating "Thanks for selling me a damaged instrument, it will cost me $45 to fix it"
:D

The seller should leav the feedback after you pay, but they "protect" themselves by waiting to see what you do; if you leave them neg. fdbck, they just turn around and leave it for you, even if you paid on time, etc. It is total bull{censored} & it pisses me off. I have waited forever to leave feedback, just to see if the seller would leave it first, but they don't. They have your dough, so they don't care about any more feedback...

• Members

The seller should leav the feedback after you pay, but they "protect" themselves by waiting to see what you do; if you leave them neg. fdbck, they just turn around and leave it for you, even if you paid on time, etc. It is total bull{censored} & it pisses me off. I have waited forever to leave feedback, just to see if the seller would leave it first, but they don't. They have your dough, so they don't care about any more feedback...

Between my present account and the one still operated by my ex that was "our" account previously, I literally have made over 200 purchases to date. (We used to sniff out deals, buy them cheap and turn it around for profit later)

The most recent one I made, from a store in the USA for a new-in-box pedal, is without exaggeration the first seller to ever leave feedback first, and within minutes of my Paypal payment at that. I saw the higher feedback number and didn't even know where it could have come from, it happened so fast.

What bugs me more is sellers that don't even leave feedback after at all. I have sent follow-up emails asking/reminding them that I have left a positive and everything, but still no luck. I think I have made 4-5 purchases in the last 2 months that I got no feedback on at all, even though I left great feedback for them.

• Members

I don't leave feedback anymore on items I buy unless I get feedback first. As a result my feedback is stuck on "6". I agree with others that you should, as a buyer, get feedback as soon as payment has been submitted.

• Members

100_2625.jpg

Is it just me or does it seem like those E and A strings should be wound around the other side of the peg??:confused:

EDIT: NEVERMIND, they look a lot straighter in the other photo with the bass in it's case. (yes I just busted a rhyme)

Archived