Boss GT-Pro Effect processor with bass???

feliperigby

• Moderators

I use a Boss SE-70 as well as a Boss VF-1 for bass FX. Both of these units patches use parametric EQs. I can't imagine the GT Pro being any different, but I was disappointed that the GX-700 didn't, so double check. Any FX processor that has a parametric EQ capability in each effect chain should work just fine for bass.

• Members

I've looked at that thing - I like midi controllable effects. If I had the dough, I'd probably get it - but it does a bunch of modeling crap that I don't really care about and I hate paying for that. I think I read somewhere it doesn't do distortion which would be a deal killer for me.

My trusty SE-50 finally croaked, so I've had to pull an SE-70 out of my studio rack and into the gig rack. I'd like a VF1 really.

• Members

I have a boss me50b but I dont like the sound... and I have a rack, with tuner, sansamp bass driver, ampeg svt3pro, lexicon mx300 effect processor....

The me50b is for little gigs, and the rack stuffs for big gigs and gigs in other citys....

And the lexicon has "limited" effects, just reverbs, delays, flanger.... and I

• CMS Author

I have a boss me50b but I dont like the sound... and I have a rack, with tuner, sansamp bass driver, ampeg svt3pro, lexicon mx300 effect processor....

The me50b is for little gigs, and the rack stuffs for big gigs and gigs in other citys....

And the lexicon has "limited" effects, just reverbs, delays, flanger.... and I

• Members

+1 on the GT-6b. You really need to read the manual, but once you do, its a great piece of kit. I even have a few patches set up as a pedal board for my rare guitard gigs. The tap tempo feature is one I sorely missed from my old Line 6 gear, but after RTFMing, I have it set up to delay, flange, step phase, what ever, perfectly in time with the band. Good stuff. The kicker for me was figuring out the dry/wet mix on the effects, especially the OD/Dist ones. And since the GT-10B just came out, they're selling fer cheap.

• Moderators
What do you people think about the line 6 bass pod xt pro and the xt live?

Is better than the boss? People say that for amp modeling, line6 is better, and for effects are not so good....

I could care less about amp modeling bass in a recording scenario. EQ and fx capability would be more important to me. Boss units win that hands down. I had the Bass Pod XT Pro for a while. I couldn't get rid of it soon enough. The fx were weak. They were not as tweakable nor were there as many options within each patch as the Boss stuff.

• Members

I would really suggest getting a unit that is made for bass.

I haven't tried the processor in question... but every time I've plugged a bass into a Boss guitar processor, it sounded like {censored}. And it wasn't just a matter of EQ'ing it correctly for bass. The processor simply couldn't handle the lower frequencies. After all, it wasn't really made to. Even with ALL patches turned off, the lower notes sounded "digital" and would even distort like nails on a chaulkboard.

Archived