Aguilar increase their DB range!

seraphim7s

• Members

The only annoying thing is I will have to go all the way down to London to try the buggers out :mad:

They are great looking cabs, tho. Why should all the guitards have the tweed (or tweed-patterned tolex)?

Hope they sound as good as they look.

• Moderators
Cool.

I love the look of the tweed cabinets, but recently found out they aren't tweed. They are tweed patterned tolex.
:eek:

There are a lot of companies that are doing that. If I'm not mistaken, the Peavey classic series of amps kind of started that trend.

• Moderators
Is tweed more durable or something? Or is it just cheesy to fake tweed?

Dan

Tweed is an actual fabric that gets lacquered to maintain its durability. I don't mind the fake tweed, but as someone who may desire not only the art of a classic, but the classic itself, my guess is that kindness finds it cheesy. Tolex is the cheaper way to go.

• Members

I'm very interested in trying a couple 112's out. Are they the same as their regular GS112 series? Specs seem to say "Yes", other than colors / finishes.

Anyone?

I think they'r voiced with a 'mid-hump' rather than a flat response.

I think so, anyway.

• Members

Do you know if anyone has picked up the Aguilar distribution in Australia yet?

Mmmm I seem to remember finding a distributor in Sydney but no major store chains like Billy Hyde or Allans have yet.

On a slightly different note I nearly fell over the other day when I walked into Allans, they're stocking Markbass now!

(For our US friends, Allans is like GC except much more useless at their jobs)

• Members

Mmmm I seem to remember finding a distributor in Sydney but no major store chains like Billy Hyde or Allans have yet.

On a slightly different note I nearly fell over the other day when I walked into Allans, they're stocking Markbass now!

(For our US friends, Allans is like GC except much more useless at their jobs)

New store, Basspeople, in sydney might have aguilar. Also bassgear direct now have glock :love:

Archived