worst packing job ever !!!

poomwah

• Members

we got the epi eb-0 today from musicians friend. the box was actually too short for the bass... although the body of the bass was against the end of the box, the head was actually sticking 2 inches out of the other end of the box and was covered up with tape!!! The box was also about 8 inches deep, and the only thing in there other than the bass was some two pieces of crumbled up cardboard, and two pieces of bubble wrap that couldn't have been more than 1/2 inch thick each. What kind of idiot packed this thing? Don't these guys do this for a living?!?!?

• Moderators
we got the epi eb-0 today from musicians friend. the box was actually too short for the bass... although the body of the bass was against the end of the box, the head was actually sticking 2 inches out of the other end of the box and was covered up with tape!!! The box was also about 8 inches deep, and the only thing in there other than the bass was some two pieces of crumbled up cardboard, and two pieces of bubble wrap that couldn't have been more than 1/2 inch thick each. What kind of idiot packed this thing? Don't these guys do this for a living?!?!?

So were there any scratches/blemishes on the bass casued by the packing/shipping or are you just complaining about the pack job?

• Members

If there are any damages make sure you keep ALL OF THE ORGINAL PACKING!! The delivery driver may need to inspect it should you want to fail a claim with the shipper.The responsibality falls on the shipper to insure that the item is packaged properly. M F should know better than that!:cop:

• Members

it wasn't SUPPOSED to be a scratch n dent. It does have a scuff in it that I can probably buff out. My wife doesn't want to wait long enough to send it back, and I thought I was impatient, LOL. So she said she can live with the scuff if she has to. What I didnt mention before is that the picks I ordered (five dozen) were just thrown in there with the bass... five packages, four of them each had a dozen picks, one package was EMPTY.

The good news is, I called and complained and they are sending me out the picks and they gave me 40 dollars credit toward my next purchase.

• Members

When I worked at the guitar shop, I had to ship a used Schroeder 310212, so we didn't have the original box.

I had to use 2 boxes, an entire bag of packing peanuts, and a roll of packing tape, along with a bunch of strapping tape. I packed it ridiculously well, but the box was ugly.

A few days later, I get a call from the buyer, complaining about the packing job. I asked if the cab was damaged, and he said "well, no. But the box was pretty ugly, dude."

:rolleyes: Jerkoff.

C7

• Members

I got a Mesa Maverick 212 Combo amp for a great price off the 'bay a few years back. Pristine, still had the Mesa inspection tags on it. Seller take sit to his local UPS store, and they proceed to pack a 75lb piece of electronics into a box about 3 times too big and (partially) fill up the rest of the space with pink packing peanuts. It had been so badly thrashed about by the time it got to me that the dovetailed, glued, incredibly roadworthy joints in the corners of the cabinet had come apart, and about half the tubes had been smashed. Thankfully, we had both (seller and I) insisted on full insurance, but it was heartbreaking to see what the f#$ktard at the UPS store had done to it.

• Members

Thankfully, we had both (seller and I) insisted on full insurance, but it was heartbreaking to see what the f#$ktard at the UPS store had done to it.

Shipping insurance is such a racket.

OK, pay us extra so that if we damage your item, we'll pay for it.

I'd like to see Domino's charge a 25 cent insurance fee, so that if your pizza is cold, they'll send you a hot one. See how that flies.

C7

• Members

When I worked at the guitar shop, I had to ship a used Schroeder 310212, so we didn't have the original box.

I had to use 2 boxes, an entire bag of packing peanuts, and a roll of packing tape, along with a bunch of strapping tape. I packed it ridiculously well, but the box was ugly.

A few days later, I get a call from the buyer, complaining about the packing job. I asked if the cab was damaged, and he said "well, no. But the box was pretty ugly, dude."

:rolleyes:
Jerkoff.

C7

I've had to do the whole 2 boxes thing before as well, but they didn't complain. That guy sounds like a douche.

• Members

Shipping insurance is such a racket.

OK, pay us extra so that if we damage your item, we'll pay for it.

I'd like to see Domino's charge a 25 cent insurance fee, so that if your pizza is cold, they'll send you a hot one. See how that flies.

C7

Well, if my pizza arrives cold, I just call and they send a new one, but its a $15 pizza, not a $900 amp. Slight difference, but yeah, I totally see your point :rolleyes:

• Members

I know a guy who won a bass on Ebay, and the seller sent it to him USPS in just the gig bag with the address tag on the zipper pull. It got there perfectly fine, but still, some bad judgment out there.

Hah!! :lol:

• Members

semi OT: i have a friend who sold his old college text books online thru amazon or something. one of the books he wrapped in a brown paper bag and then duct taped the entire bag and wrote the address right on the duct tape. it was a dick move but funny as hell, doubt the buyer thought the same tho.

• Members

The Peavey you have was sent to me by a "National" musician. It was shipped with literally the bass case itself and about 3 windings of packing tape around the handle.
:eek:

you mean the peavey wall hanger, LOL. I don't play it anymore.

• Members

well, its been a week and my picks still arent here. so I called up and asked why, and they look into it and it turns out that they are sitting there, waiting to be shipped, for a WEEK they've been sitting there. So I start complaining, told them its ridiculous that I have been waiting TWO weeks for them now. And said something else about the crappy packing job, he told me that there's no way they'd pack it like that, and the guy is like "hey, if you have a problem, call corporate" I asked for the number...

then I called corporate, told him the deal, he assured me he'd get the picks out today, apologized for the terrible packing, and said he saw where they refunded 40 dollars, and that he could issue an additional refund if it would make me happy. gave me the choice of in house credit or sending the money back to my credit card. So he's refunding my credit card again. 80 this time! So, even if it did turn out to be a return bass, after setup it plays perfectly now, and the scuffs are tolerable now that the bass wound up only costing 80 dollars? I may be a whiny bitch, but its working out

• Members

:rolleyes:
Jerkoff.

C7

Ask Guttermouth about the box I sent him my old Ampeg SVT410HEN in...hahahha. It was an old wardrobe moving box...looked like crap, was covered in a roll of tape...literally...but made it there wonderfully.

• Members

My Bag End 4X10 arrived in an Ashdown box that was double the size of the cab, with no packing material whatsoever, unless you count the little pieces of Styrofoam that had held the Ashdown cab in place.

The cab was undamaged, but it was poking out of the box when I got it, which might have been due to the fact that it was raining profusely the day it was delivered...

It's a wonder I didn't send that cab back.

• Members

this sucks, my wife spends 80 bucks for a brand new bass, I pay 145 for a used version of the same bass. Not only did she get a better deal, SHE actually got the damn thing. Mines under "investigation" ups bastards

Archived