What a score!!!

gonzobassman

• Members

I'm glad you're getting your two cents in, an hour after he and I cleared up the misunderstanding! Thanks for the valuable contribution to a resolved discussion
:thu:

Good point, if something is overpriced (in your subjective opinion), it would then be totally okay for an employee to abuse his position to steal from the company!

I'm such an uptight prude for thinking theft would be wrong (and yes indeed, I do own stock in GC...I mean, there's no other reason to think theft is wrong)...

For as much finger wagging as you just did, who really gives a {censored}...

I shoulda read the whole thread before replying though...

• Members

I'd second that. And I read the whole thread.

Considering I didn't actually say anything to the original poster until my third post, and that post was just asking for clarification on what he said, you guys sure are right, I'm just a judgmental bastard...

Asking for clarification, explaining that I'd read his initial post wrong...yep, nothing but finger-wagging...

• Members

They rip us off every time we go in there...

Yeah, because, you know, they're holding a gun to your head, forcing you into the store, forcing you to buy the goods that they sell...

:poke:

Welcome to the free-market economy. If you don't like their prices, go elsewhere.

To the OP, nice score, even if things were a little convoluted.

• Members

Yeah, because, you know, they're holding a gun to your head, forcing you into the store, forcing you to buy the goods that they sell...

Welcome to the free-market economy. If you don't like their prices, go elsewhere.

To the OP, nice score, even if things were a little convoluted.

I don't go there. :poke:

• Members

I don't go there. :poke:

Me neither. They basically just about put American Music out of business when they came up here from California. Now they won't even give you a deal like taking the tax off the top (which is nothing). They suck & I will openly state this fact any & every chance I get. I am sorry for jumping on King Kashew's {censored} for no real reason though; I don't come here to start stuff. I guess I just had a bad day. All hail the King! Seriously... Matt :)

• Members

If you don't have one in your area, you don't know what I'm talking about. They are the Wal-Mart of music gear. Think about it....

• Members

Me neither. They basically just about put American Music out of business when they came up here from California. Now they won't even give you a deal like taking the tax off the top (which is nothing). They suck & I will openly state this fact any & every chance I get. I am sorry for jumping on King Kashew's {censored} for no real reason though; I don't come here to start stuff. I guess I just had a bad day. All hail the King! Seriously... Matt
:)

No need to apologize to me for jumping on King Kashew's {censored}. :confused: I don't mind a bit! ;)

• Members

If you don't have one in your area, you don't know what I'm talking about. They are the Wal-Mart of music gear. Think about it....

I don't bitch at Wal-Mart because they won't take the tax off my groceries.

;)

I'm not sure what you know what you're talking about, either, since you said you don't go there. The one in my area, while not the greatest music store I've ever been to, had a decent selection and prices that seemed reasonably low. The staff wasn't pushy and the store was clean. Not exactly a situation of "sucking," in my mind, especially compared to some of the stores in my area.

As for the tax thing, let's take an American P-Bass, brand new, out the door. With an 8% sales tax, that's $100. Consider that their profit margin is already on the low side to make the selling price, consider that they have to keep the employees paid and the lights on, etc., and it's pretty easy to see why they're a little reluctant to knock off the sales tax, especially when they never see a cent of that money anyway. Not exactly "nothing," now, is it?

Archived