48 hot wings and King Crimson

zesty brick

• Members

Today me and my friend went to Buffalo Wild Wings and shared 48 hot wings. I had 26 and my friend had 22. We get back to my house and we can hardly walk, so i lay on the floor and my friend lays on the couch and we listen to Red by King Crimson 2 times over.

Best day ever.

• Members

Bruford's drumming, especially his cymbal work, on One More Red Nightmare is so unique and powerful it just freaked me (and all my friend's) out back in the 70's. Still does. Bruford has the unique ability of turning every band he plays in into a Supergroup. As great as Yes continued to be, they were never quite the same after he left. King Crimson same deal. Bruford (his own fusion band) brought out the best in both Berlin and Holdsworth (IMO) and were one of the top fusion bands of all time.

He's so musical that he wrote many of the Bruford songs on piano and also played all the marimba's, xylophones, etc... This musicality allowed him to relate to every member in the band and make the songs more powerful and unique. If I had to pick a drummer who I thought was the world's best, I'd pick him. He's brilliant on levels they go way beyond technique.

• Members

Bruford's drumming, especially his cymbal work, on One More Red Nightmare is so unique and powerful it just freaked me (and all my friend's) out back in the 70's. Still does. Bruford has the unique ability of turning every band he plays in into a Supergroup. As great as Yes continued to be, they were never quite the same after he left. King Crimson same deal. Bruford (his own fusion band) brought out the best in both Berlin and Holdsworth (IMO) and were one of the top fusion bands of all time.

He's so musical that he wrote many of the Bruford songs on piano and also played all the marimba's, xylophones, etc... This musicality allowed him to relate to every member in the band and make the songs more powerful and unique. If I had to pick a drummer who I thought was the world's best, I'd pick him. He's brilliant on levels they go way beyond technique.

my favorite drummer of all time :thu::thu:

• Members

+1

Bruford shares top billing on my personal "best drummers of all time" list with a very few others (Billy Cobham being one).

• Members

+1

Bruford shares top billing on my personal "best drummers of all time" list with a
very
few others (Billy Cobham being one).

Ugh! Y'all diggin them stiff drummers. :poke:

I appreciate Bruford the way I appreciate Peart- his vision & imagination behind the kit. I respect Dylan's songwriting. I just have difficulty getting past his tone. Same for Bruford and his approach(or lack of?) to groove. Cobham's in the same book.

I like how the Union era introduced dual drumming to Yes. You had Bruford's orchestral approach to percussion arrangements, and White's rock attitude and groove.

Same applies to Crimson with Bruford and Pat Mastellato(sp).

Archived