Some Sick Playing

zesty brick

• Members

Jeff Hughell of the bands Brain Drill and Reciprocal, the first video is him playing a Brain Drill song and the second clip is him playing a Reciprocal song. This guy shreds like a beast. Its Death Metal so the music is not for everyone but damn, this guy has skill.

[YOUTUBE]nvEhyxZqtCk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]QLjGH0fToIE[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

That's crazy man. My roomie plays in a technical death metal band and last night showed me this group, who is presently looking for a bassist to fill out the line up. They should meet.

Sleep Terror

[YOUTUBE]_5D3hS4RCAc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]lfXvkcKt2so[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

That's crazy man. My roomie plays in a technical death metal band and last night showed me this group, who is presently looking for a bassist to fill out the line up. They should meet.

Sleep Terror

Yea, it will be hard to find a bassist who can play Sleep Terror stuff, but when i hear Sleep Terror i usually just think "Necrophagist with less songwriting ability".

• Members

Yea, it will be hard to find a bassist who can play Sleep Terror stuff, but when i hear Sleep Terror i usually just think "Necrophagist with less songwriting ability".

Yeah, I agree. I know what he's going for with the random changes, but I think he's going a little too overboard at times.

• Members

what is with the "clackity clack" tone? is his action set low to capture the tapping? {censored}ty tone on a Conklin......

this is a good example of snoozefest tech death and all that is wrong with it in my opinion. The dude has chops galore, but the stuff just feels real sterile and does not navigate much out of a set hemisphere....too repetitive for my tastes. I love all kinds of tech metal, but could never get into Brain Drill....they seem to be more about style than substance, which is a typical problem plaguing metal these days....I am willing to bet that all of their songs sound next to identical. The same thing can be said for the dudes in Origin, they are all REALLY skilled, but the music leaves something to be desired and the songs just blend one into the other with no dynamics......

:bor: indeed!

• Members

It's like Fieldy on speed, amphetamines, uppers, and Starbucks espresso all at once.

Speed, amphetamines, and uppers are the same thing, pretty much. :p

In the first video, I heard nothing.

Second, clacking.

I don't like tapping in a band context, for the most part.

Archived