What is the farthest you have ever driven for beer?

bassthumpintwin

• Members

Picked up a couple 12 packs of this:

ynglager.jpg

and a couple of six packs of this:

yuengling1.jpg

Let's just say that I zeroed my odometer when I left my house, and when I pulled into the driveway a little while ago it read 1459.5 miles.

I drove from Northwest Indiana to Jackson, Tennessee for this wonderful beer...

(Actually, I had other obligations... but while I was down there, why not?)

• Members

I was about to say no way you drove that far just for yuengling :p

I would guess.... a mile? I've always lived in areas where I can get beer at the local grocery store. Liquor, on the other hand... maybe 20 miles?

• Members

Picked up a couple 12 packs of this:

ynglager.jpg

and a couple of six packs of this:

yuengling1.jpg

Let's just say that I zeroed my odometer when I left my house, and when I pulled into the driveway a little while ago it read 1459.5 miles.

I drove from Northwest Indiana to Jackson, Tennessee for this wonderful beer...

(Actually, I had other obligations... but while I was down there, why not?)

a friend of mine went to PA to visit his then-girlfriend, and he stopped by the Yuengling brewery on the way to take the tour. He told me that fresh Yuengling tastes like a kiss from a goddess...

• Members

From Heber Springs, Arkansas (campground in a dry county) to Little Rock, Arkansas (nearest store we could find.) About 63 miles (each way).

We didn't know the county was dry on the way in for some camping and flyfishing. We got there and ran out and asked some dudes at the next site since we were not familiar with the area and they said Little Rock.

• Members

I went on a canoe trip down a river in Northern Arkansas one spring. We decided to get the booze when we arrived on the first night instead of bringing it down with us from Chicago. The damn county was dry and so was the next one over. We ended up driving an hour and a half.

Archived