band of the day: Talk Talk!

Avalanchemaster

• Members

They started out as a more or less typical new wave band...almost new romantic...then they morphed.

Colour of Spring was much more expansive. Gorgeous melodies and miles beyond what they had done previously, but today it does sound dated...serious 80s production and still more of a standard band format.

By Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock they had evolved into what is nearly a genre unto themselves and created two singular, timeless classics.

Criminally unheralded.

I mean, I gotta be in the mood for them, but when I'm in that mood, they are so, so good.

• Members

I'd rather talk about Joy Division... just saw that movie "Control", & it had me intrigued (always that they were "dance crap"...). You know I'm into Motorhead...

Nah, JD were much more cerebral and dark than most "dance bands."

I love and admire them, but I find I don't really listen to them anymore. Just a little too cloyingly morose and depressive...

• Members

They started out as a more or less typical new wave band...almost new romantic...then they morphed.

Colour of Spring
was much more expansive. Gorgeous melodies and miles beyond what they had done previously, but today it does sound dated...serious 80s production and still more of a standard band format.

By
Spirit of Eden
and
Laughing Stock
they had evolved into what is nearly a genre unto themselves and created two singular, timeless classics.

Criminally unheralded.

I mean, I gotta be in the mood for them, but when I'm in that mood, they are so, so good.

Hey! I like that eighties sound! (call it sentimentality for my youth)

but seriously, they really did turn music on its ear with the latter two albums......just been spinning them a lot lately and wanted to see who else likes them...:wave:

Archived