PA/poweramp question.

james on bass

• Members

Thanx. I wasn't sure, but a buddy of mine (too lazy to come back to the forum after visiting a couple years ago :p) was wondering this for his band rehearsals and I figured someone here would know. 1 channel from his Pod into his guitar cab, the other channel from a small mixer into a PA speaker for vox.

• Members

Thanx. I wasn't sure, but a buddy of mine (too lazy to come back to the forum after visiting a couple years ago
:p
) was wondering this for his band rehearsals and I figured someone here would know. 1 channel from his Pod into his guitar cab, the other channel from a small mixer into a PA speaker for vox.

I'm not sure why that would even be a question to ask - virtually all PA's are exactly this - a mixer into a power amp.

That said - are you changing an existing PA setup (such as going from a bridged mono configuration on the power amp to a non-bridged mode, or having one side of the power amp running one main and the other running the other main?)

If so - make SURE you understand the impedance requirements of your amp and that it is matched correctly to your mains.

Archived