well that didn't work like it was supposed to...now what???

mlwarriner

• Members

so, saturday night i had a gig. took the multi-combo rig. hadn't had a chance to test it out with different hookups, so i figured i'd just try it and see what happened.

got my stuff on stage and proceeded to hook it up. ran the FX send from the trace into a morley ABY box. out of the ABY, i went to the FX return of the trace and also the FX return of the fender.

finished setting up everything else, stepped back and turned stuff on. the trace sounded just like it should, but i was getting exactly nothing from the fender. zero.

double checked connections - they're good. check the morley box - it's running a and b. check the FX blend on the fender - it's maxed out.

well crap. we're on in about 2 minutes, and i don't have time to trouble shoot. so i just went from the ABY box to the instrument inputs on both amps. it worked fine.

but now i'm curious as to why the other setup wouldn't work. for everything i know, it should have. the only thing i can think of is that maybe - just maybe - the FX loop on the fender is dead? does that even happen???

• Members

you are using the return as an input? I know they switch the send to sort of bypass the loop when not used. it would still seem the return should be in parallel, but, it might be worth a peek at a schematic to see whats going on.

the way i tried first was: FX send on trace combo to Morley ABY box. out of ABY box to FX return of trace AND FX return of fender.

no sound from fender.

used same cables to run from wireless to ABY box, from ABY box to instrument input of trace and instrument input of fender.

sound from fender.

Archived