Paging Renfield & Bassgirl 9

RevMachineBass

• Members

Hey, do you know Mike Hardwell? He's American, so I figure you must know him. I met him once in a bar in Honduras and he seemed like a cool dude, so I wanted to look him up again. :lol:

You do realize that there is something like 30 million of us, spread over a rather large country. :poke:

The artist formerly known as BG9 lives in Calgary, Alberta and I live just outside Toronto, Ontario, but interestingly enough, we both have resided in Vancouver before. I don't know the name at all.

Bleepo here still does live in Vancouver, he might be a better guy to ask.

• Members

That's why he asked us, ya big meany. He knows that. :poke:
:p
:lol:

But the guitarist in question is from Scarborough Ontario and lives in L.A., not sure where/how Vancouver came in, but they could have talked about it. It was meant as a joke, hence the smiley. I just find questions like that funny, I get them a surprising amount at work. In those cases I totally play along though.

"Your cousins nephews best friends former dog trainer lived in Regina in 1957? Yeah, I totally know that guy, I think he works at the Tim Horton's around the corner from here now." :lol:

• Members

Mike K. lives just outside of Nashville, TN now. He moved here from Los Angeles, CA. about 4 months ago. The reason I was asking you guys was that you seem pretty well hooked into the music scene up there and I tought he might be known in the area, having played w/ Nelly Furtado. The reason Vancouver came up was that he was just up there recording David Cook in the same studio where Metallica recorded the Black Album.

My band is supposed to get together with him when he gets back and jam and see if he wants to join us as our new guitarist.

• Members

hey reinfield how's avril lavigne doing? She lives like right next to you right?

No she moved to to California with her hubby. I'm thinking they must live around the corner from Funkee1.

I just heard that Halle Berry is moving to Canada, I wonder if that moving truck across the street is hers, or maybe Alec Baldwins. Rumour has it he's leaving the US depending on the election outcome.

• Members

The reason I was asking you guys was that you seem pretty well hooked into the music scene up there and I tought he might be known in the area, having played w/ Nelly Furtado.

Thanks for thinking of us. :) Nelly is out of my genre, so we haven't bumped elbows, unfortunately. I;d love to work with her, she seems fun.

It's amazing how many times I will know someone or have heard of their family or know someone who has worked with them or whatever, It was a decent question. Too bad it didn't pan out.

I hope he works out for you guys... he seems a bit light for your style, but he's still worth the shot. Didn't the guitar player from Marilyn Manson work with Celine Dion or someone light like that first? He'll probably rock.

Good luck!

• Members

I hope he works out for you guys... he seems a bit light for your style, but he's still worth the shot. Didn't the guitar player from Marilyn Manson work with Celine Dion or someone light like that first? He'll probably rock.

Good luck!

After working with Manson, John 5 did some session and I believe live work with KD Lang, then joined Rob Zombies band. He alternates between country and metal as of late it seems. And does rather well in both roles.

Archived