I want to hang Klaatu

L. Ron Hoover

• Members

he'd be perfect for the role of gort, the robot with no lines!
:idea:

although from the trailer it looks like a completely differant movie they just slapped the title onto which is pretty {censored}ing lame also

No joke, it is supposed to be rather different. It was shot in Vancouver and a few friends worked on it.

Jennifer Connelly :love: has the female lead, my best friends wife styled her hair for it and was her stand in the rest of the time.

• Members

No joke, it is supposed to be rather different. It was shot in Vancouver and a few friends worked on it.

Jennifer Connelly
:love:
has the female lead, my best friends wife styled her hair for it and was her stand in the rest of the time.

a: jennifer connelly = :love:

b: if they're gonna go ahead an wrote whole new movie, why not write a new damn title for it? i'm fine with updating and adapting classic stories so they have relevance to a new audience, but slapping a classic title on a completely new film is stupid.

• Members

Yea, then he could save the world by uploading a virus into an alien spaceship using his Apple PowerBook. Who knew aliens used TCP/IP? Oh wait, wrong movie...

Exactly! :D

They travel millions of lightyears to conquer our planet, have indestructible force fields, awesome Tie-style fighters, and are stuck with a... dial-up connection?

{censored}. :facepalm:

• Members

Exactly!
:D
They travel millions of lightyears to conquer our planet, have indestructible force fields, awesome Tie-style fighters, and are stuck with a... dial-up connection?

{censored}.
:facepalm:

They must use Jack Bauer's cellphone because it's the only phone that could get a signal in outer f-ing space. :D

• Members

a: jennifer connelly =
:love:

b: if they're gonna go ahead an wrote whole new movie, why not write a new damn title for it? i'm fine with updating and adapting classic stories so they have relevance to a new audience, but slapping a classic title on a completely new film is stupid.

I don't think it's entirely different, they modernized it for today's world. The threat/message isn't that of aliens living amoung us with Cold War tie ins, it's aliens living amoung us with other subject matter that relates to society today.

• Members

I don't think it's entirely different, they modernized it for today's world. The threat/message isn't that of aliens living amoung us with Cold War tie ins, it's aliens living amoung us with
other
subject matter that relates to society today.

i dunno. i always try to reserve judgment untill i actually SEE the film, and i know trailers can be deceiving (my last roomate was an editor) but from what ive seen so far it looks to have very little to do with the original story. i saw {censored} blowing up, some talk of mind control or such, a speech about "if you die, the earth lives" :idk: regardless i'll check it out. i love movies.

• Members

i dunno. i always try to reserve judgment untill i actually SEE the film, and i know trailers can be deceiving (my last roomate was an editor) but from what ive seen so far it looks to have very little to do with the original story. i saw {censored} blowing up, some talk of mind control or such, a speech about "if you die, the earth lives"
:idk:
regardless i'll check it out. i love movies.

I'm avoiding the trailers. Keanu "whoah" Reeves starring in it is bad enough, but he's offset by Jennifer Connelly. I really love the original, I have a scene from the original tattooed in my backpiece and it will kill me if they butcher it. So I go into it with great caution and reservation.

Archived