What languages do you speak?

ec437

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Whatever dude, next you're gonna try to tell us that Basque is a seperate language too
:rolleyes:

:p

Yeah, funnily enough, I learnt Castellano while I was living in the Basque Country. Basque is not the easiest language in the world. All the words seem to be like 14 letters on average :p

Of course now I'm living in Taiwan, I really do wonder if it was that hard after all. :facepalm:

• Members

Yeah, funnily enough, I learnt Castellano while I was living in the Basque Country. Basque is not the easiest language in the world. All the words seem to be like 14 letters on average
:p

Of course now I'm living in Taiwan, I really do wonder if it was that hard after all.
:facepalm:

You think either of those are bad?

Finnish has 15 singular noun cases, and one more in the plural!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I HATE noun cases. In every language. Its the main reason I gave up on German...:facepalm:

• Members

Currently, the only thing I speak well is English. My spoken German has gotten extremely rusty.

I've just started getting all of my languages back into practice though, and I'm shooting for proficiency in German, French, Italian, and Spanish by the end of two years.

A thing you can do to improve your french is to check out french bass forum (find link in Jazzad sig) with a good online dictionnary opened, like wordreference for example. It's the cool way i used to improve my school level english to something more usable: alt.guitar.bass then talkbass then HCBF.

senator > same thing but it will be harder if you just started.

• Members

English only. Despite six years of German (four years in high school, two in college), I can't speak it.

In addition, I speak the upper Midwestern variety of American English, pronouncing many of my words like I'm in the movie Fargo (although not quite that dramatic).

• Members

Excellent
:thu:

Eurovision is loathed and scorned by abouy 99.8% of the population. But we still watch it. To laugh.

Hey, you live in Enschede. That's where my parents are from. Heh, small world.

And you're right, I used to watch Eurovision just to laugh. You can't help but watch it! To be on topic, I don't remember any bass player playing in the pocket, though. :D

Only one saving grace, Eurovision did discover ABBA FWIW. :)

• Members

Was fluent in English, Norwegian and German as a child.
(Norwegian mother, lived in Germany, 'merican Dad)

Have forgotten most of my Norwegian & German now. Still know a few words though. If I ever get back to Norway to stay, I should pick it back up fairly easily.

Also know enough Finnish to (barely) get by. :o
That's a tough one!

• Members
English...but that works everywhere I go, so that's good enough for me.

What do you call someone that speaks 2 languages?
Bilingual.
What do you call someone who speaks 3 languages?
Trilingual.
4?
Quadlingual.
One?
American. :D

Archived