Man-made Global Warming

Thunderbroom

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Yeah! And people say that unemployment is at the highest level in 26 years, but I have a job!!!...what kind of fools do they take us for?
:mad:

I get about 20-30 hits for accounting and tax jobs within a 40 mile radius in a daily basis, but whatev. :p

Man made warming and unemployment do not apply to my state. Which is badass. :thu:

• Members

The dissenters against global warming are just as, if not even more so, zealous in their belief as global warming's proponents.

I think where they are zealous is that they are furious that a bunch of half-baked theories based on manipulated data (in many cases, not all) are being purported as fact to the ignorant public. They aren't zealous in the sense of "this is NOT happeneing".

I think we should all take a step back from the situation, do some good hard research and de-politicise the science. Then we may get some REAL answers as to whay is happening and why.

• Members
I think you missed the point of KK's post above.
:idea:

:D

Ah, yes. Whatever you hear on TV and public radio has to be right, even though when it's not happening around you, they're telling you it is! :idea::idea:

I mean c'mon! The government and public media doesn't lie, do they? ;)

• Members

I think we should all take a step back from the situation, do some good hard research and de-politicise the science. Then we may get some REAL answers as to whay is happening and why.

This is pretty much impossible for me to disagree w/, so, hey. Ok. :o

I just think it's also important to not compromise to the point of stagnation. If there IS a problem, it needs to be addressed in some manner.

*oh gosh... a multi-quote dissection and analysis of another forumite's post... AHHHHRGH I'VE BEEN ABSORBED INTO THE HCBF HIVE-MIND!!!! :freak::p

• Members

Gee, the people who believe the science on climate change think the other side is more zealous (and somewhat unjustified), and the people who disagree with the science on climate change think the other side is more zealous (and somewhat unjustified)...

It's such a good thing that everyone emphasizes that they're the ones "just looking at the facts", otherwise I'd think that their personal perceptions were the overriding factor in how they interpret the data :D

• Members
And I'm not sure what part of southeast Texas + late fall = snow you brainiacs are missing, either!

It doesn't happen.

BULL{censored}E!

Since 1895, according to data collected by Houston's Weather Research Center, snow has fallen this early just once

• Members
It's such a good thing that everyone emphasizes that they're the ones "just looking at the facts", otherwise I'd think that their personal perceptions were the overriding factor in how they interpret the data

Interpretation and persuasion, there's a sh**load of cash made every day off of that.

• Members

Just stay out of the NCAA thread-

CP has been going through you bandwagon OU fans like crap through a goose as of late!

"You bandwagon OU fans?"

That's almost a racial slur! to paraphrase you in the football thread ;)

I'm an Oklahoma State alumnus and fan. Like we say, the difference between real fans and bandwagon fans is 80 miles and a degree.

• Members
Gee, the people who believe the science on climate change think the other side is more zealous (and somewhat unjustified), and the people who disagree with the science on climate change think the other side is more zealous (and somewhat unjustified)...

It's such a good thing that everyone emphasizes that they're the ones "just looking at the facts", otherwise I'd think that their personal perceptions were the overriding factor in how they interpret the data

Yea, I guess we're kinda back to the 'faith in atheism' topic again, huh? :o

• Members

I'm an Oklahoma State alumnus and fan. Like we say, the difference between real fans and bandwagon fans is 80 miles and a degree.

That's right!
Well hell man, you can't be talking noise then from a fan's standpoint that lost to BOTH of the teams at hand!! :D

That's for sure though. I've never known OU to have so many fans in the last 2 weeks or so. You'd think Urban Meyer was the Antichrist's cousin or something!

• Members
Yea, I guess we're kinda back to the 'faith in atheism' topic again, huh?
:o

I saw someone on my Facebook friends list joined an atheist and agnostic discussion forum-

I mean, wtf is there to talk about, really? There is no god, and there is no nothing, so when we die, nothing happens! Yay! Don't we all feel good inside? :wave:
:lol:

• Members
I saw someone on my Facebook friends list joined an atheist and agnostic discussion forum-

I mean, wtf is there to talk about, really? There is no god, and there is no nothing, so when we die, nothing happens! Yay! Don't we all feel good inside?
:wave:
:lol:

Maybe its a hookup spot to score some agnostic chicks who need to fill their short lives with sex while they can.

Where are these forums?

• Members
Ah, yes. Whatever you hear on TV and public radio
has
to be right, even though when it's not happening around you, they're telling you it is!

I mean c'mon! The government and public media doesn't
lie
, do they?
;)

And now you've missed the point of Kindness' post...

You're on a roll! :thu:

• Members

Yeah, but like you know what if global warming is like you know real?

Then it must be caused by man cause everything man does destroys the planet right?:facepalm:

So we HAVE to do something about it NOW just in case is it real, right?:facepalm:

So let's destroy our economy and standard of living while China, India, and dozens of other countries dump more and more pollution of all kinds into the air, water, and ground; thus negating everything that global warming gang are trying to accomplish. :facepalm:

Unless their real agenda is to transfer wealth and power from the West to the 3rd world.:idea:

Archived