I'm in Chicago!

Phantasm

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm watching "Check Please" right now. There's a place called "TAC Quick". It's a Thai restaurant and is located at 3930 N. Sheridan near the Red Line. The place is BYOB also. It got pretty good reviews. They were also talking about the "secret" menu which I guess is something common to Thai restaurants!?!

Funny, I saw the same episode and wanted to check that place out.

Have fun tonight!

• Moderators

I can't do Thai, I'm deathly allergic to peanuts (I can have deadly reactions even when I haven't eaten them just by being close enough to smell them) and Thai restaurants are about the worst place on the planet for me to be.

Let's do dinner at 7. (I'm free anytime I was just thinking of a time that should be easy for everyone, including the long commuters.) Lora suggested tapas. If you guys are up for that, I'd suggest Cafe Iberico or Cafe Ba Ba Ree Ba. If you guys want something else, look at Open Table (www.opentable.com) for ideas or pick a type of food and I can suggest where to get it. :)

Phantasm - I forgot my phone at my other house, I'll grab your number and call you soon.

• Members

Hey, count me in on whatever you guys decide, I'm leaving work at 3 today because I already completed all my work by 1045 this morning. These are going to be the two most worthless days of work since I got my first "real" job 4 years ago.

• Moderators

Okay, the official plan is Cafe Iberico at 7pm. I will make reservations.

Phantasm + 1

Kindness + 1

Thunderbroom + 1

Brother Mango

SmallEQ

The reservations will be under Richards. I am picking up our guests of honor from their hotel around 6:45. It probably makes most sense to just meet at the restaurant unless someone is bringing a van/team bus, in which case they can meet at my place by 6:15 so we can load in and get down to the loop to pick up Phantasm on time.

• Members

It's funny, when I talk to other people online and they ask where I'm at and I say Chicago, it's amazing to me that so many think it's cold here year round and that we get snow like in July or something. Where do they think Chicago is? The North Pole?

Come on...
:mad:

Try living in Canada, it's even worse then. The general consensus is that it's artic conditions here year round, we live in igloos and use dog sleds to get around. Yet, the border is mere minutes away. :rolleyes:

Whoever decided where our borders lie must have been American, because man did we get shafted on that deal. You take a few steps north, and WHAM you get hit with a snow drift. :lol:

• Moderators

Try living in Canada, it's even worse then. The general consensus is that it's artic conditions here year round, we live in igloos and use dog sleds to get around. Yet, the border is mere minutes away.
:rolleyes:

Whoever decided where our borders lie must have been American, because man did we get shafted on that deal. You take a few steps north, and WHAM you get hit with a snow drift.
:lol:

Hahahahaha!

• Members

Hahahahaha!

Funny thing about that joke... I stole it from a stand up comedian I saw once. He was American, but spent most of his life in Canada, travels back and forth frequently.

He told that joke, then explained why it is that many Americans likely belive it is so cold here all the time.

And the reason? Celsius versus Fahrenheit. The weather channels, especially near the border where they are showing conditions on both sides, typically display the appropriate unit of measurement for each country.

So they show, say Buffalo for example, and it's a chilly 26

• Moderators

Funny thing about that joke... I stole it from a stand up comedian I saw once. He was American, but spent most of his life in Canada, travels back and forth frequently.

He told that joke, then explained why it is that many Americans likely belive it is so cold here all the time.

And the reason? Celsius versus Fahrenheit. The weather channels, especially near the border where they are showing conditions on both sides, typically display the appropriate unit of measurement for each country.

So they show, say Buffalo for example, and it's a chilly 26

Archived