I'm in Chicago!

Phantasm

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I have a wedding to attend tonight and the two more days to see things with the Mrs. We are downtown. Any forumites playing a show?

No shows, but I'm around tomorrow night and beyond if you want to meet up for a meal or make use of any of my museum passes.

• Members

Truth! But is also about 60 degrees warmer than last week.
:idk:

No shows, but I'm around tomorrow night and beyond if you want to meet up for a meal or make use of any of my museum passes.

Sounds like a plan. Pm your number?

We were thinking about a sports bar for the game, maybe espn zone, and we can make dinner plans alternately.

We are at the palmer house Hilton downtown.

• Members

You know it's december right ?

Regardless of the season anyway, coming from Louisiana it always seems a bit cold.

True that...it's always hot there. And in more ways that one. :)

And I was talking in general anyway, not about your comment about how cold it is here now...which it is. Though yesterday it was in the 50's, it's plunged back down in the 30's now today.

Though it was funny, yesterday I saw one of those signs outside a bank where it gives the time and temperature and it had it at 254

• Moderators

What's the plan? Time? Details?

My wife is out right now and of course I need to run this by her. I don't foresee a problem, but ya never know.

So far the plan is for them to call me tomorrow. I'm around all day. Hit him up with a PM (and copy me) if you want to start planning. I'm up for anything.

• Moderators

How about dinner tomorrow evening? Would that work for you guys? The biggest caveat right now is that we don't have a car.

Works for me. What kind of food are you guys up for? If we need a car, I'll swing by and pick you up, if not, we'll eat close to where you are staying. Tbroom may or may not be in depending on plans that may have already been made.

• Members

Works for me. What kind of food are you guys up for? If we need a car, I'll swing by and pick you up, if not, we'll eat close to where you are staying. Tbroom may or may not be in depending on plans that may have already been made.

We're up for suggestions for restaurant. We had some great pizza today at Giuardino's and a great burger at Mother Hubbards. Generally I try to avoid Italian.

Hopefully T-broom can make it too!

• Members

And of course, no O'RLY bus in Illinois ?

This reminds me of my favorite public transportation memory, and it was on our trip to France. We were on the train late one night and when we walked in, there was a group who had been out partying. As the door opened, a leggy brunette who was very attractive was swinging around the pole like she had been there before, very sexy, while her friends sang the soundtrack. All I could think was, "I love this city!"

• Members

We're up for suggestions for restaurant. We had some great pizza today at Giuardino's and a great burger at Mother Hubbards. Generally I try to avoid Italian.

Hopefully T-broom can make it too!

It looks like both my wife and I are in!

Just tell me where to be and when. I'd prefer earlier than later since we're driving an hour plus to get there but the time is not a deal-breaker. My wife, while not having a specific recommendation, suggested something along the lines of Indian or Thai.

• Members

I'm watching "Check Please" right now. There's a place called "TAC Quick". It's a Thai restaurant and is located at 3930 N. Sheridan near the Red Line. The place is BYOB also. It got pretty good reviews. They were also talking about the "secret" menu which I guess is something common to Thai restaurants!?!

Archived