Happy New year's eve everybody... whatcha drinkin?

poomwah

• Members

If you are drinking Mad Dog, you have officially hit bottom;)

This picture was inspired by a conversation over on TB. I still had the empty bottles stashed in my dresser for some reason.

imgp0240ak8.jpg

I disagree. All the liquor stores were closed on Christmas. So I ended up drinking Cisco. Seriously. Then I ate Christmas dinner at Circle K.

• Members

Just finished my third Fat Tire, and I'm done for the night. Mrs. Thumper and I just got back from a week in New Jersey visiting family.

We've been up for 18 hours traveling coast-to-coast, and I'll greet the new year in five hours from the comfort of my own bed. :D

I've got my work cut out for me tomorrow. We had a major winter storm right before Christmas and have been out of town for a week. The yard is a mess---lots of tree limbs down, and a couple trees need to come down, period. At least we'll restock the woodpile. :D

• Members

Not my favorite beer by a long shot but I have always wanted to get one of these, and since we are having a small get together/open house thingy tonight, I went for it:

heineken-5l-draughtkeg.jpg

It actually pours a really nice beer (in spite of the contents).

Probably gonna keep it low key and get up early and play 18-36 holes of golf at a New Years discount while all the suckas are laid up with hangovers.

• Members

That's my favorite.
:thu:

Normally i'm a bourbon drinker.

but the bottle of Morgan and a 2 liter of coke was sitting next to eachother on the counter

(miracle)

and thus I said "oh why not"

(wobble)

okay, maybe i shouldn't have had so many xmas cookies earlier.. my stomach feels upset.. but i'm still warm and buzzy.

ugh..

anyone know if you can take tums while drunk? or do antacids react badly to alcohol.

• Members

but the bottle of Morgan and a 2 liter of coke was sitting next to eachother on the counter

(miracle)

(wobble)

okay, maybe i shouldn't have had so many xmas cookies earlier.. my stomach feels upset.. but i'm still warm and buzzy.

ugh..

anyone know if you can take tums while drunk? or do antacids react badly to alcohol.

Just remember the golden rule, 1 shot of Captain to every 6 ounces of Coke. Tasty.

• Members

(miracle)

(wobble)

ugh..

High sugar content verification:

Cookies: check

Coca-Cola: check

Rum: check

You sir, are headed for one heck of a hangover :(

• Members

I'm working at 5 AM tomorrow, about to head to bed (I know, I know).. just had a nice little glass of Jameson 12 year that my wife got me (with a killer crystal decanter) for Christmas..

First New Years Eve in about 7 years that I haven't been playing, fells strange

• Members

High sugar content verification:

Cookies: check

Coca-Cola: check

Rum: check

You sir, are headed for one heck of a hangover
:(

It was one rum and coke, I'm just sippin' on bourbon now.

and having a cup of water between each bourbon. i'll be fine. I've been a functioning drunk for over 12 years. =P

turns out I was hungry. ate 3 pieces of buttered toast and i'm right as the mail.

• Members

and having a cup of water between each bourbon. i'll be fine. I've been a functioning drunk for over 12 years. =P

turns out I was hungry. ate 3 pieces of buttered toast and i'm right as the mail.

I know how this goes. You eat, then you drink too much and puke. The only time I've ever puked was after I was forced to eat McDonalds after 2 giant cups of almost straight alcohol.

• Members

I know how this goes. You eat, then you drink too much and puke. The only time I've ever puked was after I was forced to eat McDonalds after 2 giant cups of almost straight alcohol.

I'm fine, believe it or not.

I've only puked twice ever. Once was after 11 shots of tequila in one hour.. i ended up in a dress and nylons puking over the railing of my 3rd floor apartment. bad times.

the other was NYE five years ago when I drank about 2/3rds of a fifth of SoCo100. That was not only pukey, but also black-outy.. after i puked the next thing I remember was waking up in the tub..

apparently i wandered around the apartment asking my roommate if I could pee on things (his bed, the entertainment center, the cat...)

he took me to the bathroom and put me in the tub sitting up and said, "pee in here all you want" and apparently i did.

extra-bad times.

• Members

I've only puked twice ever. Once was after 11 shots of tequila in one hour.. i ended up in a dress and nylons puking over the railing of my 3rd floor apartment. bad times.

the other was NYE five years ago when I drank about 2/3rds of a fifth of SoCo100. That was not only pukey, but also black-outy.. after i puked the next thing I remember was waking up in the tub..

apparently i wandered around the apartment asking my roommate if I could pee on things (his bed, the entertainment center, the cat...)

he took me to the bathroom and put me in the tub sitting up and said, "pee in here all you want" and apparently i did.

extra-bad times.

That's intense. And makes me tell the story of one of my friends that I stopped hanging out with.

We skipped a day of school. Ended up drinking all day. He killed a big bottle of cheap vodka by himself in about 10 minutes. He puked in my kitchen. So I took his clothes off, put them in a trash bag. I kicked him in the ribs a few times, surprised I didn't break a few. Dragged him to the shower. Ran freezing cold water on him for a half hour while I cleaned up my floor. Try doing that drunk and not puking yourself. Then dressed him in some old clothes. And dragged him to his car. Drove him to and empty field and left him passed out in his Jeep without keys. Walked home. The cops found him several hours later, he ratted me out, and the police called my work looking for me. What was I supposed to do, let him drive?

• Members

That's intense. And makes me tell the story of one of my friends that I stopped hanging out with.

We skipped a day of school. Ended up drinking all day. He killed a big bottle of cheap vodka by himself in about 10 minutes. He puked in my kitchen. So I took his clothes off, put them in a trash bag. I kicked him in the ribs a few times, surprised I didn't break a few. Dragged him to the shower. Ran freezing cold water on him for a half hour while I cleaned up my floor. Try doing that drunk and not puking yourself. Then dressed him in some old clothes. And dragged him to his car. Drove him to and empty field and left him passed out in his Jeep without keys. Walked home. The cops found him several hours later, he ratted me out, and the police called my work looking for me. What was I supposed to do, let him drive?

i wasn't all bad. and my roommate and I'd known eachother since the 3rd grade.. after 20 years+ of friendship, we were more brothers than friends.

he did good sitting me up in the tub than letting me lay down. in a sense, he took care of me and put me in the easiest-to-clean location.

on the bright side, blacked out (the only time that ever happened), at least I was polite enough to ask to pee places instead of just doing it.

• Members

Ah. When you said bottle of he Captain and a 2 liter of Coke I assumed that meant you were going all in.

It has been a while, but I have been in the well-i-gots-a-2-liter-of-coke-and-handle-of-captain boat before and not once has the hangover been worth it....but I get terrible hangovers regardless of the poison.

• Members

extra-bad times.

At least you asked before you pee'd. That makes you an outstanding drunk/friend/roommate.

Archived