svt pro 4

0175westwood29

• Members

I'd be mighty surprised if it's any louder.
;)

are they lieing bout the output then?

RMS Power Output: 300-Watts x 2/900 (mono-bridged @ 8 Ohms)

RMS Power Output: 490-Watts x 2/1200 (mono-bridged @ 4 Ohms)

plus i think the led is actually ment to be on this is from the owners man

"5. GAIN: This controls the gain of the preamp. Adjust this

control until the Peak LED (#6) flashes on strong signal peaks

(but is not illuminated constantly while playing). To obtain the

best signal to noise ratio, set the Gain control to the highest

possible setting and adjust the Master (#19) to obtain the

desired volume level.

6. PEAK LED: This LED will illuminate when the preamp signal

is nearing its clipping level, indicating optimum gain setting"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

are they lieing bout the output then?

RMS Power Output: 300-Watts x 2/900 (mono-bridged @ 8 Ohms)

RMS Power Output: 490-Watts x 2/1200 (mono-bridged @ 4 Ohms)

I don't know if the numbers are stroked, but I do know I bought one and took it back a week later. My tube SVT literally kicked its ass. The band thanked me for ditching it.

Go over to TB and look at what others have posted about it.

I know of some pro players that use 'em, so it's not like they aren't any good, but...hell, just see if you can get your hands on one and see for yourself. :idea:

• Members

I don't know if the numbers are stroked, but I do know I bought one and took it back a week later. My tube SVT literally kicked its ass. The band thanked me for ditching it.

Go over to TB and look at what others have posted about it.

I know of some pro players that use 'em, so it's not like they aren't any good, but...hell, just see if you can get your hands on one and see for yourself.
:idea:

i will be hopefully tommorrow;)

so who know i may just be coming home with one we will see, i may :love: something else

• Members

I think the amp lacks a high pass, this amp will almost pass DC. Hell it might. I was screwing around with my piezo equipped stingray, and when I press on the strings, I can make the speakers move very slowly and hold them in place. I suspect a large portion of the available power is spent reproducing very low freq's below 20hz.

I think I will try it with my shuttle and see what it does, besides, I don't think I have played my Ray through my shuttle.

• Members

I tried with the shuttle, pressing down on the strings does not move the speakers. So, the shuttle does not waste power passing sub-audible signal like my 4-pro does. I would try the V-6 or one of my GK's, but they are outside in the garage and I don't care enough to warm them up.

• Members
SS clipping is bad, mmkay? :)

I feel quite qualified to comment on such b/c it sounded like complete ass whenever you could see the red light jumping the {censored} out of the chassis. Every break during the song the person would turn around and try to jack with it, b/c you could hear it. This is and was not an isolated incident.

+1. I used a 4 pro for about a year, and I had the same issues as RSB.

Archived