NCD... you can all stop worrying....

poomwah

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great.

What's normally between the cable and the speaker? Input jack, wiring... test/replace it all.

it all checked out on the ohm meter... maybe it looses contact somewhere (break INSIDE the insulation) when the cabinet creates enough vibration?

• Members

it all checked out on the ohm meter... maybe it looses contact somewhere (break INSIDE the insulation) when the cabinet creates enough vibration?

Input jacks are like $2 a piece, perhaps the ones that are in there are loose. Sometimes you can bend the positive connection in a little bit to tighten it up, but there might be insulation issues if the previous owner was rough when he stuck his tip in the hole. Know'ta mean?:D

Also, check the handles on the cabinet, seriously. My B212 had a handle that the tube was loose and rattled. I had to take the handle off and pound the sides in tighter. Sometimes things that sound like distortion aren't really distortion...there could even be some foam that's loose around the port on the inside that's flapping on the low notes.

C7

• Members

ok, running a cable from the speaker to the amp solved the problem... WHAT THE HELL????

Sounds like you have either a broken crossover or a broken horn.

I would bet on the horn.

Try disconnecting it and running through the crossover again?

• Members

the first thing I tried was unplugging the horn, the second thing I tried was unsoldering the crossover... its actually hard to call it a crossover... lol, its a cap, and an L-pad. nothing like the crossovers they show on their website now.

• Members

the first thing I tried was unplugging the horn, the second thing I tried was unsoldering the crossover... its actually hard to call it a crossover... lol, its a cap, and an L-pad. nothing like the crossovers they show on their website now.

Time to call up avatar and get them to send you a new jack plate with crossover. Can't imagine it would be more than 40-50 bucks for a replacement.

• Members
Time to call up avatar and get them to send you a new jack plate with crossover. Can't imagine it would be more than 40-50 bucks for a replacement.

ahh, screw it, who needs horns :p I just replaced the jacks and the wires. sounds good now :] the whole time I had my 810 I never turned the horn on, I have the horn turned off in my 410, and my carvin 210 doesn't even have a horn in it :p

Archived