Hercules guitar stand - repair advice?

Flatball

• Members

I have a single Hercules stand (GS412B). Generally a great stand. I gig with it constantly. Now it's broken. the screw in the "Comfort grip" has come loose and fallen out and now I'm stuck with a useles foam-padded piece of pipe.

Anybody else had this issue? Any advice? I've tried to fix it and can't figure out how to do it.

• Members

I never use those things. Great for displays, horrible for actual gigging. Especially since I use 5-stringer necks and they never fit in the yokes properly. And 7-string guitars? Forget it. Won't fit at all.

Hercules does, however, make wicked amp cab mic stands.

• Members

I never use those things. Great for displays, horrible for actual gigging. Especially since I use 5-stringer necks and they never fit in the yokes properly. And 7-string guitars? Forget it. Won't fit at all.

So, what do you use?

• Members
No offense, but I'm not that much of an idiot. Really, you have to see this thing: one piece molded plastic and you can't get at where the screw goes.

None taken.I wasn't trying to infer you were an Idiot I was just being a smart ass.:poke:

• Members

Hercules does, however, make wicked amp cab mic stands.

I use the GS4122 which hold 2 5 sting basses at time. Never had a problem.

• Members

So, what do you use?

I use the Ultimate stands GS-100:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ultimate-Support-Support-GS100-Single-Guitar-Stand?sku=450561

It fits in a gig bag, tubular steel, no screws or other fiddly bits to fall off, the tripod won't hang on your strap or cord, and the base is rock solid and won't tip over.

• Members

I use the Ultimate stands GS-100:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ultimate-Support-Support-GS100-Single-Guitar-Stand?sku=450561

It fits in a gig bag, tubular steel, no screws or other fiddly bits to fall off, the tripod won't hang on your strap or cord, and the base is rock solid and won't tip over.

That's what I'm currently using. I like that they take up very little space. Just make sure the little red plastic piece on the bottom is in the "locked" position before you put your bass on it! :eek:;)

• Members

ya and probably cheaper than anything out there, what I use also BTW:thu:

I have often found Hercules equipment to be overpriced hype that is built no better than comparable reasonably less expensive gear.

There's nothing plastic in our stands.

The only flaw about my stand, is the legs tend to swing open when carrying it sideways. Which, a Monster cable's velcro strap put over one leg, and wrapped around the rest, can easily cure.

• Members

There's nothing plastic in our stands.

The only flaw about my stand, is the legs tend to swing open when carrying it sideways. Which, a Monster cable's velcro strap put over one leg, and wrapped around the rest, can easily cure.

yep

Hey BTW you can buy a whole 35'roll of 3/4"wide hook & loop velcro for the price of 1 6 pack of velcro cable ties and can make your ties as long or short as you need them

click on Pic

96215.gif

• Members

Can you drill it out and put a bolt through it? It's hard to give advice without detailed photos.

I know. And I can't find a decent close-up. The handle that you squeeze to adjust the height sits over the top of the screw head with about 1/4" of space. There's no tool on the planet that will get in there. I may end up drilling the {censored} out of it. First though, I've contacted Hercules and raised {censored} about it (politely). Maybe they will do the right thing and find me an acceptable solution. But really, we pay good money for these things, they shouldn't fall apart and then be unfixable. I have top of the line gear, cables, etc. because I can't afford for something to {censored} up on a gig.

• Members

I use shovel hangers from wally world to make my guitar wall hangers no issues here either
:thu:
and I made ten of these for the price of one Herc Wall hanger

PICT0062.jpg

that's what all of mine are hanging from too :] I'll have to get pics of my wal mart stage hanger... it involves two of those, and some bar stock... it lets me hang two basses from the front corners of my rig

• Members

But really, we pay good money for these things, they shouldn't fall apart and then be unfixable. I have top of the line gear, cables, etc. because I can't afford for something to fuck up on a gig.

It is not always you get what you pay for it is sometimes you pay what they can get you for.

take for instance...

470101.jpg494980.jpg

pretty much the same exact stand, same materials, same specs probably made by the same Chinese manufacturer only difference is one is 10 dollars more than the other.

same difference with Mic stands... I swear to Goodness I have two identical boom stands except for different name brands and one is 20 bucks less than the other... go figure:freak:

ya sure the Hercs have the fancy little doohickeys that open and close when you pick up or put down your guitar but in reality the stand Bryan316 is the better stand for 20 bucks less than the Herc stand:idk:

especially don't buy into all of the cable hype the best cable you can buy is Fender California cables which run about 15 bucks for a 20 footer and it is guaranteed for life not to rust, bust or collect dust.

I have been in this game for 35 years; Don't buy into all of the gear snobs MY gear is better because I paid so much more for my Blah Blah Blah:blah: Bull shit hype:facepalm: because that is exactly what it is.... :blah:bullshit Hype:rolleyes:

I am not trying to make a big issue out of guitar stands but more like a buyer beware because you don't always get what you pay for with your hard earned money in a lot of cases

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

UPDATE:

I went on their website, filled in a form, explained the situation and they emailed me right away, asked for my address and sent me a brand new replacement stand. Hercules gets an A+ for prompt, professional customer service on this one.

Archived