Are the more expensive cabs REALLY better?

chubrocker

• Members

My Berg is the shizit.
When I first got my Titan I had thought about swapping for a big Mesa cab, but the Berg is smaller, tighter, lighter and dare say more versatile.
Sure it's not as loud as a big Powerhouse 412, but I don't always need it... want it, well of course! ;)

If you're hurting for volume and cut, and play live 95% of the time, a Schro (especially the new designs) is wonderful. Just don't expect it to sound wonderful in your bedroom. Not designed for that, so of course it won't sound good there. Although, like K-ness I haven't tried a lot of the new(er) revamped lines which make them more smooth. If I wasn't 100% in love with the Berg, I'd be rockin' a 210212 for sure. Especially now that I'm doing heavy/mainstream rock.

I've had various Accu's in the past, and at the time they were just flat out awesome for what I needed. I've had a Tri 112L+Gordo 118 sub powered by a big 'ol QSC amp+Eden Nav, an El Whappo with an Aggy pre+same QSC amp, and my personal fave, the Whappo Jr.+Eden WT800B. The Jr. is IMO the pinnacle of their design.

I've played Avatars in the past and no offense to people that play them b/c I understand where they're coming from, but IME I can totally tell the difference on stage between one and a quality cab like my Berg or a Mesa.

I don't get overly extravagant (I think, anyway ;)) with my gear, but I do like to know it's a quality build and won't let me down and sounds excellent in more than just one "use". What I have does that great.

Archived