Riddle me this...

Flatball

• Members
I just won't take gigs like this. They arent't worth it. I figure 40 years of playing has earned me the right not to have to share the stage with a {censored}ing pool table.
:mad:

Normally, I wouldn't. But like I say, we play there all summer outside on a beautiful terrace by a beautiful lake. Pays well, open bar for the band and then a 4 star gourmet meal (lobster, filet mignon, you name it.

All that to say...

...if this guy needs me to sit inside the bass drum for this gig, I'm doin it.

• Members
KY.jpg:confused:

Classic.

We had a similar gig on thursday night where the stage was a drum riser (seriously, about 3 meters x 1.5 meters) with no foldback. Ended up with amps behind the drummer, and us 3 on the dance floow, which luckily was only about 8 inches lower than the riser....

• Members

I just won't take gigs like this. They arent't worth it. I figure 40 years of playing has earned me the right not to have to share the stage with a {censored}ing pool table.
:mad:

That was the only time we played at that place - didn't really fit with our style (the bar part was not much wider than the pool table, with us in the back corner - couldn't be seen by over half of tables in the place).

At least our singer could see the set list (on top of the balls):facepalm:

• Members

woah.
:eek:
that sucks. i cant even see the drums. sheesh you're like sardines

Yup - pretty much the worst experience we had. Here's another one from down the other end of the bar - can't see the drummer here either. We were pretty much out of sight for any of the people in the booths along the wall on the right in this shot.

Band1.jpg

• Members
Yup - pretty much the worst experience we had. Here's another one from down the other end of the bar - can't see the drummer here either. We were pretty much out of sight for any of the people in the booths along the wall on the right in this shot.

Band1.jpg

You're background noise there, little more. :cry:

• Members

You're background noise there, little more.
:cry:

Yup - that's why it was the only time we played there - not worth the hassle. Would have been more productive to have gone to the singer's house to rehearse.:mad:

Oh well, only one experience like this in the 4 years we were together isn't so bad.

Archived