Westboro Baptist Church is coming to my old high school on the 30th!

der oxenrig

• Members

OK, then. Babs, Crackers and Cotton.

Well, as long as characters from old John Waters movies will be there, I'll be hoping for an appearance from Lobstora.

Of course, having a few "rosary jobs" performed by the Religious Whore would be a plus, too.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I love it.

As long as it's a pro-gay, anti-God organization, sure, they have the right to free speech/actions.

As soon as it's the other, look the {censored} out!
:D

You people are priceless!
:thu:

No one is denying their right to be fools. We are just exercising our right to have fun at their expense. :cool::thu:

• Members
I love it.

As long as it's a pro-gay, anti-God organization, sure, they have the right to free speech/actions.

As soon as it's the other, look the {censored} out!
:D

You people are priceless!
:thu:

Free speech does not = everyone happy about said free speech.

Dan

• Members

Free speech does not = everyone happy about said free speech.

Dan

Exactly my point. I bet if someone posted a thread about the gay dayer's parading down their street it'd be torn to shreds and be called whatever the "racist" word for hatin' on dem queers.

• Members

Exactly my point. I bet if someone posted a thread about the gay dayer's parading down their street it'd be torn to shreds and be called whatever the "racist" word for hatin' on dem queers.

Absolutely. Where's the irony though? You have just as much a right to say what you want and I have just as much of a right to say the opposite. It's not irony.

• Moderators
This so called church (family commune) is just a bunch of whack jobs that make traditional Christians look bad. They need to go away or go read the bible they claim to follow....
:facepalm:

They aren't going to go away as long as they continue to get the standard reactions to their actions. It's what keeps them in business. They are not interested in following the Bible. They are interested in using the Bible for their own self-serving interests. Not unlike Jim Baker or any other phony. The only difference is the way these people prey on others.

• Members

Yep. Anyone can say anything. Expect to get called out though. Respect for an ideology or opinion is not contingent upon its existence.

There is no escape from public opinion or debate when posting publicly. If you think you have a sensible thought, then post it and see if it doesn't get torn to shreds. If the answer is rhetoric, then prove it!

If you can't stand the heat then don't post in the kitchen.

• Members
Yep. Anyone can say anything. Expect to get called out though. Respect for an ideology or opinion is not contingent upon its existence.

There is no escape from public opinion or debate when posting publicly. If you think you have a sensible thought, then post it and see if it doesn't get torn to shreds. If the answer is rhetoric, then prove it!

If you can't stand the heat then don't post in the kitchen.

I do quite often. :)

Again, I love how we're all supposed to be "tolerant", except when it contrasts your views! :D

• Members

I think RSB meant that the forum has a double standard...of course that's wrong as well. There are vocal opponents of everything on here. When it comes to god, there are quite a few proponents and there a few that think differently. When it comes to politics there are a few conservatives and few liberals and few in between. When it comes to bass gear there are people who like tube amps and people who like SS amps etc....this forum isn't biased it doesn't have a double standard, and it most certainly isn't ironic, it's simply a group of people with different ideas converging.

Dan

• Members

I think RSB meant that the forum has a double standard...of course that's wrong as well. There are vocal opponents of everything on here. When it comes to god, there are quite a few proponents and there a few that think differently. When it comes to politics there are a few conservatives and few liberals and few in between. When it comes to bass gear there are people who like tube amps and people who like SS amps etc....this forum isn't biased it doesn't have a double standard, and it most certainly isn't ironic, it's simply a group of people with different ideas converging.

Dan

That is what I meant, and especially on stuff like this there seems to be a pretty big double-standard. Like my initial post, when you have people who support or fall in to a non-christian ideal it's plenty ok and most people jump right on board with it b/c who cares. You do the same to an anti-gay or anti-this or that race, then wtf!?! and *beats to a bloody pulp* because you're not "tolerant" enough of other people and their beliefs and a racists or homophobe, what have you. It happens plenty that I see.

Archived