facebook question

rikshaw

• Members

I think you can choose to block the application. You can also delete the people who keep sending them to you.
:D

Also, I think you can filter your news feed to cut that crap out... I haven't done that yet though and I think I should.

i'm going to delete these people. there are only 3 of them but apparently they spend 8 hours at work everyday taking quizzes and spamming the {censored} out of everyone. i was hoping that someone here knew how to block that {censored}.

• Members

i'm going to delete these people. there are only 3 of them but apparently they spend 8 hours at work everyday taking quizzes and spamming the {censored} out of everyone. i was hoping that someone here knew how to block that {censored}.

Other than blocking each and everyone of them as they pop up, I have no idea. Sorry.

What I wish, is that you could copy events from one group to another. So If I create an event for a gig, the club I'm playing could also place it as one of their events instead of creating two events and inviting people twice- which is really annoying!

• Members

I just block the app as it comes in. Unfortunately, most of the apps are sent from people that I really am friends with.

these stupid apps are from some external site. i was hoping someone here could help. i mean, you can get legal advice here. you can get car maintenance help here. facebook shouldn't be too far fetched.

• Members

I just block the app as it comes in. Unfortunately, most of the apps are sent from people that I really am friends with.

Might want to evaluate those "Friendships" of yours. ;)

And yes, that may be the greatest first post ever (searches for Kindness' first post).

• Members

The new facebook has made it very hard/counter-intuitive to update anything.

Beyond that, though, there should be a way to remove the applications that you don't want to see updates from your filters... off the top of my head, I don't know how to do it anymore, though. If you get a request from an application (a la mafiawars, or something else a friend might send) you can choose "block this application" and you won't see those updates at all in your feeds.

• Members

Also, I think you can filter your news feed to cut that crap out... I haven't done that yet though and I think I should.

I hav and you can filter apps out IIRC. It's quite extensive what you can do.

Upper right corner... Settings / Account Settings / Notifications (tab)

Should have what you are looking for.

• Members

I have and you can filter apps out IIRC. It's quite extensive what you can do.

Upper right corner... Settings / Account Settings / Notifications (tab)

Should have what you are looking for.

thats much closer. what i am asking is something different. there are some new external (to facebook) apps that are spamming the {censored} out of me. they are the 'pick my five' (beers, movies, fav albums, fave tv shows, etc...) some quizzes, some challenges, etc. facebook is not in control of these so there are no settings on facebook to block these. thats what i am trying to block. maybe i shouldn't have asked here.

although frezno109 might have made a 6th grade funny, he/she/it failed to address the question and as a result acted very foolish/stupid. hopefully it will be more useful later.

• Members

...maybe i shouldn't have asked here.

although frezno109 might have made a 6th grade funny, he/she/it failed to address the question and as a result acted very foolish/stupid. hopefully it will be more useful later.

Sit on a stick by accident today did we? If you took it out you might feel a wee bit better. :)

• Members

Sit on a stick by accident today did we? If you took it out you might feel a wee bit better.
:)

nope. he was really stupid. i'm really ok with that. thats how this forum moves and thats the reason that i stay here but i was really hoping for a serious answer before the circus started. i really expected better from you too but its no biggie. back to the retarded circus!!!

• Members

nope. he was really stupid. i'm really ok with that. thats how this forum moves and thats the reason that i stay here but i was really hoping for a serious answer before the circus started. i really expected better from you too but its no biggie. back to the retarded circus!!!

:cry:

• Members

Gee, so glad I took all that time to look up the exact location of what I thought to be your fix. I'll try harder next time. :rolleyes:

• Members

Gee, so glad I took all that time to look up the exact location of what I thought to be your fix. I'll try harder next time.
:rolleyes:

are you ok? you wanna rumble? :mad::confused::D

you said something about me sitting on a stick. did you miss that part?

its ok. im going to drive up there one day and we are going to drink beers and figure this whole thing out.

talk to ya soon!

Archived