MTD Heir showed up.....not a happy new bass day.

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

The thing has been beat to {censored}......

.....hardcore body wear......belt buckle damage (must have been a huge belt buckle wearer).....replaced the tone control with a nut and bolt. Appears to have had a pickguard at some point. Just trashed.

It's going back. :(

First time I got burned on an internet purchase.:facepalm:

That said, it played well, and sounded great. I really like the neck, and the low B really is nice. Lives up to the hype....that's for sure. Just too bad it was abused.

• Members

Should......got it from Daddy's Junky Music....(ironic name in this situation)......

They seem pretty nice about everything. They didn't mislead me at all......I just didn't ask enough or the right questions about the condition apparently. :facepalm:

Feel like a schmuck. :(

I'd take pics, but I already packaged it all back up. Can't even look at it. :(

• Members

that sucks Josh, I know you were looking forward to it. Let's hope the Spector is a different story...

It's really not that big of a deal, as long as I get my money back.

Shoulda known better.....:o

At least I got to play it....now I know what the MTDs feel and sound like. :love:

I have no doubt the Spector will be in better condition.:thu:

....and I get to play it for a week or two.....:)

• Members

Damn Dude, that blows! At least you are getting your funds back. I have been quietly gassing for an MTD Kingston for a while now, I can't decide between the Heir or the Z-4. I drool every time I see a pic of the tobacco sunburst maple necked Z, so I will prolly have to sell of some of my basses to afford it. The search continues!! :thu:

• Members

Well...it just isn't a few minor scratches or a ding or something like that.

It has been abused. Deep buckle marks.......the finish is basically smashed.

Finish is worn off on the body, where your arm rests. Pick guard holes....and headstock dings. Tone control removed....nut and bolt installed.

If I had done this all myself.....cool.....but being someone else's mojo.......I can't jive with it. At $389, I expect an instrument in better condition.

• Members

To be honest, I kinda rushed the purchase.....wasn't as thorough as I normally am.

I'm not too picky about scratches and marks......even a $50 discount wouldn't be enough to cover the damage. It's not even blemishes, it's damage.

Deep gouges, worn through the finish.....just beat to {censored}.

I don't know if I'd pay more then $150 for it. :o

Archived