Gothic Punk

SunofNothing

• Members

well sorry come punish me for being retarded
:p:lol:

actually i think Sing The Sorrow was what im thinking but still not sure. just got names mixed up. but i KNOW its afi im thinking, although black parade sucks ass too

Sing The Sorrow is the album that they made their most recent major genre switch away from punk. It likely is from that.

• Members

"The Art of Drowning" was my favorite phase of AFI. They had infused the fantasy sytle lyrics, had great melodies, but they weren't completely going gothy. Hunter had a lot of fast lines and some good fills. Almost every song on that album was great.

• Members

Personally as a bassist whose self taught and a metal turned punk turned bassist I have advice you should hear. You should just try and be yourself you said the people in the band already like you and want you to join them.

So here's a question for you (Really think about this): Why do you feel the need to impress them by learning stuff?

Remember Punk isn't a attitude it's a lifestyle a state of mind no matter the genre punk is all about one thing BEING YOURSELF.

• Members

BTW forgot to mention IMO the most gothic band (Metal and punk wise) is and will always be the Misfits. If you really want to see gothic punk (As you call it) I'd check out their albums from the Danzig era and early Graves era too if your feeling experimental.

It's staggering how many bands and genres/sub-genres wouldn't exist were it not for the Misfits.

• Members

"The Art of Drowning" was my favorite phase of AFI. They had infused the fantasy sytle lyrics, had great melodies, but they weren't completely going gothy. Hunter had a lot of fast lines and some good fills. Almost every song on that album was great.

Truth. It was the peak of their creativity in so many ways. It's still my fav album of theirs from any era/phase they've gone through. It was the last album before they made the switch and went commercial in their sound. Their last on an independent label.

• Members

BTW forgot to mention IMO the most gothic band (Metal and punk wise) is and will always be the
Misfits
. If you really want to see gothic punk (As you call it) I'd check out their albums from the Danzig era and early Graves era too if your feeling experimental.

:love::love::love:

Archived