What do we think of Verellen?

In Absentia

• Members

That's a pretty gnarly distortion it gets there. I never got my CL to sound that way. It wasn't bad, pretty close, but I could pick that out from a line up I'm willing to bet.

And yeah, damn ugly, and I don't care for that either.

• Members

They should have just called it Pole Smoke. As for the tone, what tone I heard in the video probably cuts nicely on stage.

LOL, that's what comes to mind for me as well. It reminds me of that movie that came out a while ago called "The midnight meat train". What a horrible title.

• Members

They should have just called it Pole Smoke. As for the tone, what tone I heard in the video probably cuts nicely on stage.

Price is pretty good for a PTP Hand-wired amp, too. I'd love to have an all-tube amp, but I'm not sure this is the answer.

• Members

LOL, that's what comes to mind for me as well. It reminds me of that movie that came out a while ago called "The midnight meat train". What a horrible title.

Blame Clive Barker, he wrote the short story it was based on.

• Members

I recently had the opportunity to try out one of their small guitar combos. Tasty tasty stuff at a reasonable price for handwired stuff. I'd pick the Verellen over an SVT, I believe- the tone's damn similar and these haven't suffered years of abuse.

Of course I'd probably have it re-tolexed or build a new box for it, 'cuz that {censored} is hideous. Why would you burn your name into something?

• Moderators

Where's Waldo? . . .err I mean Spaldo. Man, that little EL84 15 watter sounds sweet. If the tone in that demo was dialed up all the way, that thing would sound very Voxish to my ears. :love:

I like the names, actually. At least they aren't run of the mill.

• Members

Where's Waldo? . . .err I mean Spaldo. Man, that little EL84 15 watter sounds sweet. If the tone in that demo was dialed up all the way, that thing would sound very Voxish to my ears.
:love:

I like the names, actually. At least they aren't run of the mill.

Yeah, I actually like the goofy names, and the somewhat ugly packaging. If I see another plain black amp, I'm likely to just end it all.

Archived