your rig and the room

fretless

• Members

I think there is some cool stuff there. Our drummer has been playing with brushes lately, and I have been using an Ampeg BA 112 onstage with PA support. That's 50 watts! I did it tonight at an outdoor show and it worked fine, at 40%!

I think a real small rig can work if the music calls for it. Mind you, we play 50s rock and early 60s rock, so it works. We are getting more gigs, more money, and audiences that appreciate what we do.

That is a cool video with good advice for bass players.:thu:

• Members

I think there is some cool stuff there. Our drummer has been playing with brushes lately, and I have been using an Ampeg BA 112 onstage with PA support. That's 50 watts! I did it tonight at an outdoor show and it worked fine, at 40%!

I think a real small rig can work if the music calls for it. Mind you, we play 50s rock and early 60s rock, so it works. We are getting more gigs, more money, and audiences that appreciate what we do.

That is a cool video with good advice for bass players.
:thu:

That little rig may only produce so much sound, but their other stuff is awesome, I play thru a 4b (4X5's) and a 6T (6X5's) with a G/B shuttle and it rivals my Carvin R1000 ampeg 810 rig.

• Members

That is a cool video with good advice for bass players.
:thu:

With an all tube power section. The Watt/Volume Ratio goes insane. Since the power tubes have some more natural THD and natural compression. Which is why all tube amps alike an Ampeg SVT or a Mesa 400+ sound like they are 2000 watts.

• Members

I thought it was cool to hear more bass come into the mix when it was placed against the wall , something to keep in mind . There are also times where it sounds better to decouple the rig from the floor with something like a Auralex gramma board . :lol:;)

• Members

I thought it was cool to hear more bass come into the mix when it was placed against the wall , something to keep in mind . There are also times where it sounds better to decouple the rig from the floor with something like a Auralex gramma board .
:lol:;)

I had a Gramma pad once. It worked. I installed casters on my Avatar 410, and that seems to work well too.

• Members

Before we start the Carvin bashing, I played that Carvin/810 rig at an outdoor gig one time, and was told you could hear the bass thumpin from 2 miles away.
:cool:

Too bad it wasn't a sound that one wanted to hear. :cop:

I really am just bustin' your chops, but I do have a lot of experience with the R600/1x15+2x8 combo (cyclops or some such) and think it sounds like a shart.

• Members

I had a Gramma pad once. It worked. I installed casters on my Avatar 410, and that seems to work well too.

I used to use mine when I had smaller cabs with no casters. Now I just use it on top of my cab to have a cushion for my amp/rack w/out it indenting the top of my 412.

• Members

Too bad it wasn't a sound that one
wanted
to hear.
:cop:

I really am just bustin' your chops, but I do have a lot of experience with the R600/1x15+2x8 combo (cyclops or some such) and think it sounds like a shart.

there is a world of difference between the r600 and the r1000. About the only similarity is the absolute bitch to get the pre set right. I didn't mention that I was running it with a Sansamp RBI . :lol:

Archived