Freakin FINALLY (new band)

Ender_rpm

• Members

Finally found a group worth putting in the effort for. It's a softer sound than what I'm used to, but that also gives me more freedom to play fretless and such. Right now, it's 2 chick singers, and an acoustic guitard, plus a someitm ehand percussionist, doing mostly 80s -current chick rock (Sarah McLachlan, No DOubt, Indigo Girls, Fleetwood Mac, etc) and some stuff I've never heard (Grace Potter? girl can sing!). BUT, they desperately want to expand to a full kit drummer and add more Heart, Zep, GnR, etc. Hell, we did an impromtu cover of Would? the other night :thu:. The girls have GREAT voices, and let's face it, if the vocals suck, no matter how good the band is, no one will buy it (yeah, I'm looking at you Gary Cherone). They have standing gigs, so it's just up to me to get up to speed on the current setlist, which i'm hoping to cover in about 4-6 weeks. So yeah, woo hoo. Plus they are all adults (and fairly milfy ones at that) with kids, and jobs, and such, so no flakes so far.

The only downside? The band's name is Love Muffin :facepalm:. And their mailing list goes out to the "Muffans". rly? They have a facebbok page under that name, if you need to verify milfitude :) The core 3 (singers and guitar) have been playing together for a few years, and actually have a small following, which is nice. So yeah, wish me luck, I'll be in the 'shed all weekend :)

• Members

Congrats on the new band!

As for Gary Cherone, are you referring to his album with VH, or do you not like Extreme?

hahaha, mostly the VH album, though I was never a big fan of Extreme (I did own what ever album "hole hearted" was on at one point, it was a gift from my then GF. It was kinda out of place next to my sex psitols, anthrax, and metallica. Ah high school)

So funny, one random joke and THATs what gets the attention :)

• Members

hahaha, mostly the VH album, though I was never a big fan of Extreme (I did own what ever album "hole hearted" was on at one point, it was a gift from my then GF. It was kinda out of place next to my sex psitols, anthrax, and metallica. Ah high school)

So funny, one random joke and THATs what gets the attention
:)

Sorry, it caught my attention. :facepalm:

I did also say congrats on the new band! :thu:

Archived